Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Multistrada 1200S Pikes Peak Edition. The Gear Indicator on the dash shows it in the wrong gear. i.e. Shows 1 when it's in Neutral which means I can't start it with the stand down.
When I move the cable at the rear of the engine

it makes the indicator change and flicker so, my question is how to remove the cable and sensor? Doe sit simply plug on etc. I'm loathe to pull on it and I have no documentation to explain it.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
104 Posts
The wire is not removeable from the sensor on my '13. The connector is about a foot away from the sensor so you'll have to trace the wire to find the plug. Then since the wire is attached, I took what i think is a 16mm deep socket and cut a hole in the side of it for the wire to pass thru during removal/install. Will check the size and post up a photo tonight. I'm sure ducati has a special tool for it but i have a backup set of deep sockets to make tools out of and an angle grinder...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Seems to be a common problem, mine went dicky at 50,000 miles, wrong gear\flickering, seemed to be mostly when hot.

If your lucky it just needs re-calibration, my dealer did if free of charge with the 54K service.

If starting is the major concern...just pull the clutch in went your ready to go ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts