Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi My name is Dan. I'm new to this forum and new to forum's in general. I've found it a little confusing on how to search the forums so im going to have a better look today. I bought my first Ducati, (1260 MS),about 3 months ago and i've just done 3300 kms on it. I've got a 1300 kms ride this weekend so i'm looking for some info on Pannier liners and Mirrors. I'm tall and the mirrors don't seem to be adjustable enough. Any help in how to get onto a tutorial for searching would be appreciated. Ride Safe!

·
Administrator
13,019 Posts
Gday Dan and welcome to Ducati.ms. Super glad to have you roaming our halls.

Please fill in your location information in the UserCP Edit Your Details section, that can help if there might be someone local to you give a hand or find new friends to take a ride.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hey Dan and welcome to the forum from one New South Welshman to another.

I have a 2017 1200s and am pretty tall as well.

Check the position of your bars, they might be out mine were.
There should be centre pop marks on the bars for alignment.
If you can't get the mirrors right rotate the bars backwards or forwards to suit.
If you do this make sure everything still clears the tank and the screen at full lock.
Panniers liners are expensive if you are after them for convenience.
If your worried about waterproof they don't leak and ultra-sil dry bags are cheaper.

Where are you off to.

I am formerly from the Blue Mountains and now living on the mid north coast Macleay Valley

Regards Ronnie Q

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Ronnie you're a legend. I had a quick look and couldn't see the centre punched holes so i figure they might be covered up by the clamps. It makes sense now that they might be rotated too far towards me and thats why i can't use the mirrors. I'll have a look later. Not sure what the torque settings are but i'll do a search. Cheers for the pannier liner thread as well. Too good! I'm heading up to Coffs Harbour tomorrow. Debating if i will drive instead. I rode up last weekend. The weather doesn't look great and its mostly freeway unfortunately due to time constraints so it could be miserable in the rain. Thanks again mate. I really appreciate your comments. I'll let you know how i go with the mirrors :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Once again. Thanks mate. i went out to the garage and adjusted them. It turns out i was looking from the riding position, (when i couldn't see the markers). They were there on the windscreen side but as suspected they were about 1.5mm too high, meaning the bars were rotated too far towards me. I adjusted them level and now my 6'3'' head can see perfectly out of the mirrors! Winning! When i was doing that i also notice that 3 out of the 4 bolts, (whilst marked with paint and were in line with their original tightness adjustment), were under hardly any tension. So i tightened them up by had and now im good to go. Plenty of clearance at full lock. No need for new mirrors.

·
Registered
165 Posts
No worries Dan I am glad you are sorted now and I was a help.

I live near Kempsey and the weather has been really patchy here and will probably continue the same over the next couple of days. Just cells of rain coming through constantly, with wind as well and that sort of weather on the expressway is sole destroying. Pretty warm though. Its probably to iffy and a long way to ride inland and come down through Dorrigo.

Just a tip with panniers always keep a dry bag to put your wet weather gear in after rain it stops you from steaming everything in the panniers. These are pretty handy and super light weight.

Have safe trip.

https://www.sevenhorizons.com.au/collections/dry-bags?_=pf&pf_v_brand=Osprey

Ronnie Q

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts