Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

It's been a while since I've been on - lack of time and if you remember, I had been waiting to get off my restrictions.

Well I've been legal for a little while now and racked up about 1,800kms on the beautiful machine :D

Anyways, has anyone ever seen this done or know if gauge lowering brackets work with the Ducati bikini fairing.

I'm just not sure if the gauges will hit the fairing???

I don't think it will make a huge difference in terms of looks as the fairing hides the gauges quite well, but I am looking for a better angle to read the gauges better. I think they sit too upright and would like them to lay down a bit for easier viewing.

Am I on the right track???

Here are a couple of photos of the first few outings...

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are another couple of shots to show more of the fairing in relation to the gauges...

As you can see, I have had the Termi kit added. The shop also did a dyno run after fitting the kit. That was a buz to watch.

Can't believe the difference...it's night and day! With the stock cans, I got about 220kms before the reserve light came on, and with the Termis, I only got about 170, simply because I revved it a bit more any chance I got, just to hear that awesome growl. I guess I a preaching to the converted here, it's just that it's exciting for me as a first timer!

In the near future, I intend to sort out a tail tidy and smaller indicators,an oil cooler cover and Rizoma grips. I have just ordered a GTRossi hugger, which I am looking forward to. I can't believe the amount of crud that builds up and I have even been out in really dirty weather!!! Should be a great investment.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
If it hits the fairing just put a strip of adhesive backed foam weather stripping on the guages where it touches and you're good to go. Worked with my Buell fairing and lowered guages.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts