Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 04 800ss. Was a salvage/ theft recovery bike that needed new ignition, gauges, chip. Instead of spending the $3700 in parts from local dealer I found a set on ebay for $500. Great deal only problem is they were from a 04 s2r 800. Bike runs good I'm just concerned with any problems this setup might cause. Anyone know if they are compatible or know of any other modifications I might need to make to have these work? Also if I decide to upgrade the exhaust what should I get s2r or 800ss chip, or will a power commander do the job. I know it depends on the exhaust I go with but still confused. Almost forgot the tach works fine but speedo is off by about 25 mph. Any ideas?

·
Banned
2,916 Posts
the S2R engine and the SS800 engine are the same with every part
as far as i know, so the stock mapping should work fine.
i would get the exhaust and a power commander, or get the exhaust
first and check out what the mixture is like.
could be that another map can be flashed to your existing ecu,
but i am not sure.
the speedometer is working with the rear brake disc bolts, seems as
if both bikes have a different number, there is a reasonable priced
electronic gadged at hand, to help you with this, i just forgot the
name...it is 5.20 am anyway.

:think:

edith: name could be speedo healer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the help. I'll look into the speedo healer. I was thinking termi pipes that come with ecu, or any pipes for that matter. Just want to make sure that i get right one, but some slip-ons with a pc could do the trick. How's the riding weather in germany? Good I hope. Thanks again from Ohio, only midnight here. :D

·
Banned
2,916 Posts
riding weather would be okay, but bike has no legal plate yet,
i read my mantra and try to stay calm.

:think:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts