Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
96 SS, what gaskets, etc , am I going to need to replace when replacing cylinder studs. Will gaskets, etc form a 2001 work, or do I need them for a 96. Most online sellers start parts lists from 2001, as you probably know. I'm going to check my crank plug, will do that too if it's sticking out.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Genuine Ducati Spare Parts Top End Gasket Set, Monster Supersport 900 SS ST2 | eBay

:p

Dont need any in reality??

No head gaskets. Took me a while to get my head round this, lol

The base gaskets are alloy & reusable :cool:

The intake tube gaskets are easy enough to cut out of gasket paper

Just need the barrel & head oilway o-rings? Cheap enough? Dont even THINK of re-using the old ones...

Oh - and the valve guide seals. :D

I used new valve cover gaskets because I had some given to me in a box of bits with the bike? These tend to come off in one piece so could be re-used with a smear of Threebond?

·
Registered
926 Posts
Contact the folks at Ducati of Omaha, they have parts for old bikes readily available even though their online fiche only goes back to 2001. I emailed them what I needed, they gave me the part numbers and I ordered by part number on their site. The German site Stein Dinse has parts fiches going back into the 90s at least. You can click on the fiche and order the part. Shipping can be costly but they have a lot of stuff on line.

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks much, you have saved me a lot of time and money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts