Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 ST3, Black. Anybody have a source/website for clear plastic film to protect sides of tank from leg/knee marks? Prefer already cut to size pieces if possible. Would consider black material like rubber, etc. if cut to size. I looked all over EBay but ones I liked were all sold out. Thanks.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Aerostich.......

.......sells a product called Snyder’s Paint Guard. I’ve had it on the sides of my ST4s tank for years. No adhesive-static sticker-like. I also have it protecting some spots on the tail section where straps from a seat bag touch. It’s even stayed on curved areas for YEARS.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ended up getting the Tanks Slapper cling on clear plastic film. I had forgot that I used this product many years ago on another bike and it lasted forever. I think I paid $26 bucks shipped for the cut to size side panels and rear tank film. I found that they were very generous in their size so I had to cut down the top of the side pieces . Other than that, apply water to both tank and film, put in place and squeeze out the water very gently with a terry cloth piece over your credit card so as not to be too abrasive on film when getting excess water out. Got 95% of the small bubbles out and on my pitch black tank you cannot even see the film. Very happy with product, the company and quick shipping. This product really works as advertised. Did for me.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have TechSpec "Snake Skin" knee pads on my ST3s. They're made with a resilient cushioning material that makes it much less work to grip the tank between your knees if you're that kind of rider.
I used the techspec stuff as well. Also on the tank nose. Love that stuff.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts