Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased some metal replacement fittings for the plastic quick disconnects for the gas tank of a 97 916. When trying to take the plastic fittings off the broke leaving the plastics threads inside. Any ideas on how to get these out?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Literally I just did this operation 5 mins ago and the same thing happened to me. I got a large "easy-out" and an impact tool and the left over plastic sleeve came right out of the hole. The right tools make the job easy. Good luck. Get an easy out.

Now I need to find out how to get the male couplers on? The stock ones look like they are integrated into the hose. Any ideas?

Flash

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Literally I just did this operation 5 mins ago and the same thing happened to me. I got a large "easy-out" and an impact tool and the left over plastic sleeve came right out of the hole. The right tools make the job easy. Good luck. Get an easy out.

Now I need to find out how to get the male couplers on? The stock ones look like they are integrated into the hose. Any ideas?

Flash
I ordered the male and female sides. Don't your males fit your hoses? It may be to late for easy outs. I already tried drilling through the plastic to thin it out.

Are you going to use any type of selant on the threads?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I ordered the male and female sides. Don't your males fit your hoses? It may be to late for easy outs. I already tried drilling through the plastic to thin it out.

Are you going to use any type of selant on the threads?
Try using a screw that fits inside the hole so it "grips" the inner wals of the plastic tube. Push the release metal part and pull.. Worked for me..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts