Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Gas tank buzzing????

1167 Views 5 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Stick
G
Hi everyone, I am new to this site and I have a problem that hopefully someone can shead some light on.
I have a 2001 996 biposto. I went to start it today, and it gave me a slight problem for the first time. When it started, there was a buzzing sound coming out of the gas cap/tank area. While warming up, the bike stalled a couple times too. Is there maybe a lack of gas problem (there is gas in the tank) getting to the bike somewhere?.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
741 Posts
ManofSteelPT said:
Buzzing is normal? I havent heard it like this in the past. What does the buzzing indicate?
i reread your post and i'm not quite sure what problem you are having now. you said it stalled(died?) while it was warming up? most of the time, my engine will die if i don't adjust my choke while warming it to 140 degrees.

the buzzing i'm referring to is your pump priming inside your gas tank. to hear this buzzing sound. open your gas cap and turn on the key without starting. you will hear the pump prime/buzz for a few seconds. if there is splashing sound from the gas, most likely you have a split hose, loose hose, or clogged fuel filter.

again, please re-explain the issue you are having and we all can help diagnose your problems.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.