Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to take my fuel tank off. I HATE WORKING ON THIS BIKE. I was to stupid to realize that the air breather line just went down the side of the bike. While taking the hose off of the breather next to the gas cap the breather assembly popped off. How the hell does this thing go back together? If anyone has the micro phish photo please post it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
The piece that is left on the tank twist to line up with slot holes and pull straight up. You will notice one tab on the inside once you get this piece off that you line up with the inside of the green piece and it snaps back together. It will make more sense once you get the piece off that is left on the tank. Then once snapped back together put the whole assembly back on like you took the last piece off that was originally left on the tank. Once the tabs are lined up with the slots and you push it straight back down you twist it about a quarter of a turn to make it stay and the nipple where the hose mounts will line up towards the hole in the tank that the rubber hose goes down through. Hope it makes it as clear as mud. Make sure your spring and rubber are in correct before you snap the assembly back together. If it does not snap good the notch and protrusion are not lined up on the inside of the white and green piece.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool, got it off already. Now what order does the stupid spring and rubber piece go back together. I can see that the ruber piece itself has a spring loaded breather built into it and want to make sure I get it all back the right way so I don't vapor lock the thing.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I can't recall the order, but you need to get the parts in oder correctly or it won't vent. I may have posted some pics. I know that isn't a lot of help, but if you study it a bit, the order will make sense.

Out!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't recall the order, but you need to get the parts in oder correctly or it won't vent. I may have posted some pics. I know that isn't a lot of help, but if you study it a bit, the order will make sense.

Out!
I figured that much out already. The service manual does not show a break down that I can find. Can someone take theirs off and see what the correct order is? It should be pretty easy to do, trust me it comes apart pretty easy.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Study young grasshopper and it will come to you. I had mine apart a few times and it always seems to make sense once you look at it.

Out!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts