Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read the post on the tank issues. Having a new GT, trying to confirm if there are two brackets. One on each side. The reason I ask is becasue I can lift up my right side (dealer said it was fine) and the left side is solid. Should the right side also be solid or is it suppose to be flexible?

Ryan

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
The tanks are hinged on the left side and open on the right side for easy removal.

Just kidding.

See stickys at top of this forum for more info on this issue. Your dealer should replace the tank if it's loose enough to lift off the bracket.

I've read the post on the tank issues. Having a new GT, trying to confirm if there are two brackets. One on each side. The reason I ask is becasue I can lift up my right side (dealer said it was fine) and the left side is solid. Should the right side also be solid or is it suppose to be flexible?

Ryan

·
Premium Member
856 Posts

Ryan
I have a new '09 Sport1K. Just did the 600mi service. The left side is in tight, the right side was just barely in the bracket. I also had the right side starter button touch the tank @ full right steering lock. It was not this way @ 0 miles & I did not adjust the steering stops, the tank is going wide-right.

They should both be in the brackets. If you look straight down @ your ingnition key the half-circle space should be even (or close to it) around, mine opened up. The dealer put in for a replacement, just waiting on the new tank.

I can see a little room OK, but if you loose steering -lock or the tank is about to fall out, have dealer order a warrenty replacement.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts

Ryan
That seems weird since by design both sides should have a little play because the rubber mounts that fit in the brackets have a smaller diameter than the brackets so that the tank can be removed\reinstalled without too much hassle.

Here's a link to a pic of the brackets (the solid silver u-shaped thing just to the right of the guy's hand). They're identical on both sides.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/ducati-motorcycles/gt-1000/blog-page-2.htm#tank

1 - 4 of 4 Posts