Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
NOOOOOO, don't use Meguiars heavy cut on nothing...that stuff is just what it says it is...HEAVY CUT!!!

First try Meguiars "Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner step 1" It helps if you have a nice orbital polisher with a foam pad, but if not, alot of vigorous elbow grease works pretty good also. This should get it out and then just wax or polish over it with your favorite product. If this doesn't work, let me know. This is my absolute favorite Meguiars product.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
JDuc said:
ALWAYS start with the most gentle abrasives first then go more aggressive.
Could not have said it better!!!

Roto, as a pro detailer, when you say "compound" I automatically think of something with a cutting/rubbing action, which you should not need to remove some light etching on a brand new clear coat finish. Also, a nice small "orbital" buffer is not going to burn the paint even in the hands of a novice with the right product.

AND, if he ends up with one part of the bike that outshines the others...(not very likely BTW) it gives him something to work on!!

Yes, you were right about my double negative...Sorry..BUT, on this paint, he needs nothing that has the word "cut or cutting or compound" in the title.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts