Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gi guys. I made a mistake of overfilling and it started to overflow. I thought this was just a one time thing but since then, everytime I fill up, it overflows (2014 SF 848). I'm careful now not to overfill it but the problem is still there and it's rather annoying, I have noticed that if I open the gas cap, there's a lot of pressure that is released even if it's standing still.
Have any of you encountered this? What do you suggest I do?
Thanks a bunch guys and can't wait for this weather to change. It's been raining cats and dogs here in Fremont, Ca.

·
Bon Vivant
11,334 Posts
Gi guys. I made a mistake of overfilling and it started to overflow. I thought this was just a one time thing but since then, everytime I fill up, it overflows (2014 SF 848). I'm careful now not to overfill it but the problem is still there and it's rather annoying, I have noticed that if I open the gas cap, there's a lot of pressure that is released even if it's standing still.
Have any of you encountered this? What do you suggest I do?
Thanks a bunch guys and can't wait for this weather to change. It's been raining cats and dogs here in Fremont, Ca.

If your bike still has the evap can on it it is probably full of gas and doesnt vent properly. you can either remove the evap canister and make sure the vent line is clear and routed to the bottom of the bike or you can or remove the evap canister and drain and reinstall.

If the evap can has already been removed make sure the vent lines are clear and routed properly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts