Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't buy the bike expecting 50 mpg but -
2006 ST3, termi exhaust, DP ECU, and air box mod and I'm getting 40 mpg at 65 mph, 4000 rpm. 11k miles.

Normal?
Thanks.

·
Registered
132 Posts
2006 ST3, termi exhaust, DP ECU, and air box mod and I'm getting 40 mpg at 65 mph, 4000 rpm. 11k miles.

Normal?
Thanks.
43 in mine

J

·
0 Posts
Really

I own a Ducati,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I dont care how much she drinks that high 90'sh-Shell gas,Long as she's happy,,,:p,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:D

·
Mr Leakered
8,831 Posts
Yes, the desmoquattros and tres get excellent MPGs. I average 40, but can see 50 or so if I get out of the traffic in the summer.

Have a good one.

·
Life is too short to worry !
2,650 Posts

Normal?
Thanks.
Not overly excessive but how long have you owned the bike for , you can take a while to use the engine without excessively lugging the engine taking advantage of the torque but large throttle openings mean low higher fuel consumption. I very rarely see less than upper 40's but that is at 80 mph and often two-up , it was lower in the early days when I did not allow her to rev out freely on lower throttle openings...........Imperial gallons over here of course ;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
I easily get 40 mpg around town and 50+ on the highway. Done 200+ mi on a tank more than once.
Termi's, ecu and open airbox.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I own a Ducati,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I dont care how much she drinks that high 90'sh-Shell gas,Long as she's happy,,,:p,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:D
Agree with this... but being new to an ST 4 it would be nice to know the range

·
Registered
639 Posts
Well don't be unhappy - yer all doing better than me <s>...

'98 ST2, 27k miles, Fast by Ferracci pipes and chip - and I'm getting around 37 mpg - commuting 30 minutes to work, mostly on the highway; evening rides on the back roads, a few weekend trips

·
Mr Leakered
8,831 Posts
Peter,

The ST2 is known to have the lowest MPGs for the ST line. But then, 37mpg is nothing to sneeze at with 944cc.

The testas have worse mileage comparatively. That is why a testa powered ST is a bit of head scratcher for me. I do not like filling up, even when commuting, until 200mi rolls around. About 250mi or so on a weekend ride is about the right amount of time for a stretch anyway.

Have a good one.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm running a nearly stock 2000 ST4 with 26,000mi. I've tracked my mpg using Fuelly.com and have averaged 43mpg over the last 13,000mi with a best of 53 on a flat desert cruise.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Well don't be unhappy - yer all doing better than me <s>...

'98 ST2, 27k miles, Fast by Ferracci pipes and chip - and I'm getting around 37 mpg - commuting 30 minutes to work, mostly on the highway; evening rides on the back roads, a few weekend trips
An you're doing better than me as I can only manage 33-34 mpg but then I do ride it like I stole it, on my commute to work which is fast a roads 30 miles each way. ST2 13k miles carbon can co. pipe an chipped with open air box with K&N filter.
I ride to enjoy the ride and not bothered by the fuel which is one of the most expensive in the UK at £1.50+ a litre.
Get yourself a honda cub or CG125 if you want mpg.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
47mpg (US 3.8L) Doesn't go down very much when riding fast...say a couple mpg. I have had 390km out of a tank with 2 litres left.

last weekends 490 km blast at average 140kph didn't lower it much at all. Try feeding a Tuono. 35mpg taking it easy!!

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
40 sounds reasonable. My long gone S4RS got 38-44 mpg; my 1198 is lucky to get over 30 ... Of course, its thrills per mile ratio is higher. :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the replies; the mpg I stated was off the bikes computer. I know the speedo is off (70 on the speedo is about 64 on the GPS). I guess that's good to avoid speeding tickets. If the speedo is off, I'm sure the computer is off as well.

Ride safe,
Curt

·
Life is too short to worry !
2,650 Posts
Thanks for the replies; the mpg I stated was off the bikes computer. I know the speedo is off (70 on the speedo is about 64 on the GPS). I guess that's good to avoid speeding tickets. If the speedo is off, I'm sure the computer is off as well.

Ride safe,
Curt
The only way to accurately check is the old style , full take , zero trip , run until ready to fill again , fill tank to same place and check milaege tehn do the maths.

Mark -CB125 - my first bike , bought brand new on the Friday , set off on a two week trip round Europe on the Saturday Hovercraft out of Dover.... Two up , camping with my mate sharing the riding/pillion duties. That thing nearly made fuel , 125 mpg at 55 mph , we did 2750 Miles in a fortnight and hit the Italian Rivierra and St.Tropez............The innocence of youth !!!!!!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts

Ride safe,
Curt
The computer on mine is off my 8-10 mpg. It displays 42-48 mpg for most riding for me, on a long trip i did in April (1200 miles, 3 days) i figured the actual mileage as stated above, 33mpg was it.

I do know my dealer richened my mixture some since i have the open top filter, as it was lean at idle, and mileage suffered, but it runs better.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
On a side note, my speedo is off as much as yours but the ODO is under 1% off, i checked that on the long trip as well.

·
Registered
70 Posts

Normal?
Thanks.
...I can't say that I've ever been able to check my 07 ST3 at anything but about 85 mph....most recently I put 2400 miles between Kansas City and Austin, TX...

...at about 85 mph.... I was still getting right at 38 mpg....

...on the other hand, my 07 S4RS Monster.... 28-30 mpg.... but, I really do drive the hell out of it... (Meaning: gas mileage is the last thing I think about when I'm enjoying my urban bad boy)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts