Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Gas Mileage question

G
1958 16
I just had a quick question. I have a 05 Ducati 749. I get about 90 miles til my gas light comes on. Is this around what everyone else is getting? Thanks.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
3,131 Posts
Nope...if I take it easy I get 130 at the light. Run it hard 105-110

· Registered
1,428 Posts
90 that's about what I get if I'm doing a lot of in town. On the highway you'll get a lot more 120 or so. If your doing lots of short stuff 90- 100 is about right.

· Registered
412 Posts
have the mixture checked at next service? I know my milage dropped to about 110 from about 135-140 for the light, when i had the 6k service done i mentioned it, and now im back up to 135, though i dont know exactly what they did to fix it. I ride an SS but I assume running a SBK a little fuel rich will do the same thing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the comments guys. I have about 4000 miles so the bike is broken in. But I usually do a lot of city riding, so that may explain things. But its seems everyone is getting around the same for city riding. I will sure to ask at my next service. Happy riding.

· Registered
100 Posts
my 996 with full arrow exhaust system gets about 170km (106miles) b4 the reserve light come on....

any one else with 996 can share his mileage..

mine is a combination of town and highway riding..

abit worrying with the high consumption..

· Registered
51 Posts
I ride my '06 749 to work pretty much every day. My light normally comes on right around 100 miles. I rode out to Laughlin NV last weekend with some guys from work and stopped at 115 miles for gas and the light wasnt even on yet. I had to put 2.5 gal in so I guess that means about 46mpg on the highway. Of course if I am out riding on the weekend the light normall pops on around 80 miles or so.

· Registered
3,131 Posts
Got my personal best yesterday...137 to the light. Drove it til 155 and it took 3.6 gal's to fill it to my usual mark!!!!!!!!!1

· Registered
5,188 Posts
ctk333 said:
my 996 with full arrow exhaust system gets about 170km (106miles) b4 the reserve light come on....

any one else with 996 can share his mileage..

mine is a combination of town and highway riding..

abit worrying with the high consumption..
My 916 does about the same, does vary slightly on how I ride it, but I don't think it would get more than 120. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.