Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never put an injector cleaner or gas additive in my ducs before, and I wanted to see if others use them, and if so, which ones for what reasons.

thanks

·
Old Wizard
3,006 Posts
No need. Gasoline is itself a solvent that is formulated with detergents to keep your injectors and fuel system clean.

·
Registered
115 Posts
There are more additives and crap in our gasoline now I really don't know why we still call it gasoline.

·
Registered
736 Posts
With the Ethanol in the gas, I am using additives in my bikes. My Duc dealer recommends a product called K100 to ward off tank expansion on my SF. I use Berryman's Chemtool on my ZRX and Interceptor.

·
Premium Member
1,385 Posts
I have never put an injector cleaner or gas additive in my ducs before, and I wanted to see if others use them, and if so, which ones for what reasons.

thanks
What part of the World do you ride, your gas may be very different then mine here in the States and even in the States its not all the same!

Some Additive can burn different then others so it may leave poop poop on your injectors. Is your bike a Unleaded Bike, check Octane Level for your bike which will be U.S. 87-89 Octane and try to buy the same brand of fuel!
IMO.

I do put a shot of Sea-Form in my tank once a month..

·
Registered
227 Posts
With the Ethanol in the gas, I am using additives in my bikes. My Duc dealer recommends a product called K100 to ward off tank expansion on my SF. I use Berryman's Chemtool on my ZRX and Interceptor.
Thanks for the fuel addidtive recommendation for K100.
I sent an e mail to the company and they replied promptly.
WOW, what can I say, very impressed.
The General Manager phoned me and gave me the information.
With a stroke of luck it is only 10 minutes from where I live, invited me to their branch in Mississauga. Ontario. Canada
To be honest i am very sceptical about products like this, always thought of them as Hocus Pocus.
Changed my mind instantly after they gave me a demonstration as to how it works by absorbing the water mixing with their chemical and is burnt off with the gasoline, thus not leaving any water in your tank.
Put some in the bike and to be honest, I don`t know if it is me but the bike did run better. (Ducati Diavel)
Also I just installed a Competition Werks exhaust and the popping I got on deceleration seems to have disappeared.
Anybody else here tried this and would recommend it
I do not in any way shape or form have any connection with the company.

K100 Fuel Treatment

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
I use Torco Accelerator Unleaded Race Fuel Concentrate I mix it to the 105 octane, she really pulls hard compared to pump gas! I also hit the rev limiter much quicker than on pump gas

1 - 10 of 10 Posts