Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
I thought I would do some research & compare Australian top class champions to New Zealand top class champions. The trouble is, I can’t find any champions from New Zealand. :unsure:
So you've never heard of Hugh Anderson, Rod Coleman, Chris Birch, Ivan Major, Ronnie More, Barry Briggs, Josh Coppins, Shane and Darryl King, Stefan Merriman, Ben Townley, Katherine Prumm, Courtney Duncan, Graeme Crosbie, Kim Newcombe (who would've won the world championship except he was killed 3 races from the end of season, but still came second) Bruce Anstey, Andrew Stroud, Burt Munro and many others who have distinguished themselves on the world stage, this from a country that has yet to achieve a population of 5 Million, where motorcycling is a very minor sport, and it involves huge costs to get anywhere else in the world to compete.

·
Registered
499 Posts
So you've never heard of Hugh Anderson, Rod Coleman, Chris Birch, Ivan Major, Ronnie More, Barry Briggs, Josh Coppins, Shane and Darryl King, Stefan Merriman, Ben Townley, Katherine Prumm, Courtney Duncan, Graeme Crosbie, Kim Newcombe (who would've won the world championship except he was killed 3 races from the end of season, but still came second) Bruce Anstey, Andrew Stroud, Burt Munro and many others who have distinguished themselves on the world stage, this from a country that has yet to achieve a population of 5 Million, where motorcycling is a very minor sport, and it involves huge costs to get anywhere else in the world to compete.
I pretty clearly said “top class champions”. I guess reading comprehension is another thing lacking in NZ. :p

Just in case the emoji didn’t seal it, I’m just having some fun & joking around. New Zealand and its people have a history of which they should be proud. They just don’t have any top class world road racing champions. 😎

·
Come in Spinner :)
8,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
But plenty sheep :)

·
Registered
535 Posts
Don't forget Pavlova, another great Kiwi export !!!

·
8,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Real men don't eat Pavlova

·
8,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
Dave

I really only press the like button for your posts because I naturally feel sympathy for anyone who lives in NZ. :)

·
Registered
535 Posts
And I only "Like" yours because it's so unusual to find an Aussie who can use words with more than 1 syllable ;).

·
8,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
That's cos I never went to kollege

Reactions: nzdave

·
8,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Don't pik on me cos I carnt spel

21 - 35 of 35 Posts