Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Lecuona Or Petrucci getting the boot?

I vote Lecuona

Reactions: Duluthian

·
Registered
1993 750SS
381 Posts
Of the two, who's had better results so far?

·
Come in Spinner :)
8,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Petrux is past his use by date like a few others in MotoGp

·
Registered
1993 750SS
381 Posts
Maybe he'll go back to WSBK...he's still young

·
Premium Member
5,431 Posts
Well now they both know one of them is getting let go we should see some improvements from them. Race for your job.

I suspect Petrux will get the boot as he has not done as well as expected given his experience and lack of consistency while at Ducati. Lecuona is young so there is time for him to grow into it like Jack did, or prove that he is simply another like Tito Rabat who while a very good rider was never able to adapt to moto gp.

I wonder if tech 3 will now get the new chassis that Olivera and Binder used this last weekend. Keep in mind they were not having very good results until now either.

·
8,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd be surprised if they both don't get booted.

Reactions: Duluthian

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I've had theses photo foralong time (years) ... wondered if it is Wayne Gardner ... license plate on the red car aussie?

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
... woops ... checked wiki ... he's my age ... that old man in the photo above has got to be in his 80s or 90s ... i'd say probably not wayne ......

.... duh ... damn i'm stupid! :)

edit ... wiki also says "In 1981 Gardner was hired by Mamoru Moriwaki to race in the Australian Superbike championship aboard the Moriwaki Kawasaki Kz1000s.[4] Gardner and co-rider John Pace qualified their Moriwaki Kawasaki on pole position at the prestigious 1981 Suzuka 8 Hours, ahead of all the major factory racing teams.[5] "

so maybe the 2nd photo is wayne ... maybe. anyhow, just trying to honor wayne a little ..

back to topic ,/...;

·
Registered
16 Posts
My money is on Petrux being given the boot but let's see what happens if they get the new chassis.

Vinales will be let go from the Factory Team at the end of the year and Fast Frankie given his spot. Vinales will go back to Suzuki who will let Rins go as he can't keep it upright this year and has now broken his wrist.

Bagnaia will finish a strong second in the championship behind Quatararo providing he doesn't have a mid season mental collapse but thats looking unlikely at the moment, he bounced back well from arm pump surgery. If that happens then Bagnaia is a strong bet for the championship, he is consistently fast at a variety of different tracks ( last weekend aside..) Third.. anyones guess.

Marc M to improve over the next four faces and be back at the sharp end, which will make Vinales stay further back and out of his way.

Rossi to announce his retirement in the next couple of rounds before he is sacked, which would be an unfortunate way to end his amazing career.

·
8,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Problem is Rossi lost his hearing a while back and still hasn't heard the fat lady singing.

Reactions: jheurte

·
8,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Meanwhile .. back to the original theme... Gardner won again yesterday.

Reactions: loony888

·
8,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
497 Posts
I thought I would do some research & compare Australian top class champions to New Zealand top class champions. The trouble is, I can’t find any champions from New Zealand. :unsure:

·
8,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
They're all to busy "tending" their sheep

1 - 20 of 35 Posts