Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to relocate to NYC, and I was wondering where I could go to have some space to work on my bike--I do have a family friend in S.I., but would prefer to not have to go there. I'll be in FiDi, so BK would be better than Astoria.

What is the general policy of what/where you can work on your bike?
i.e. throwing your bike on a stand on the sidewalk and cleaning/lubing your chain is OK, but doing an oil change on city streets is frowned upon? It doesn't really help that my building is a luxury high-rise, but there's an empty lot across the street, where I could possibly get less hasslin'

Things I'm looking to do in the near future: chain maintenance, possible exhaust install, clutch re-pack, oil change.

Do members here have a garage share in NYC/BK? I could throw in some money to use the shop on a per-use basis/rent a share if it's in a convenient location.

·
Registered
444 Posts
if you're going to be in the financial district, definitely call demian at ryders alley and see if he has any availability at the downtown location. it's a motorcycle only parking garage with lifts, tools, tire changer, etc. lounge for watching racing. transportation to track days.

·
Registered
152 Posts
2 things; good choice not to want to go to SI, cagers galore. I have family there. And, nothing is frowned upon in NYC! I wash my bike, change oil, parts, etc in front of my condo on the sidewalk because I keep my toolbox in my apt. Nobody will bother you. Just don't leave stuff out. +1 on the ryders alley tip. haven't been there myself but looks like an awesome place to keep your bike. there's also brooklyn moto in williamsburg, bk.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I was in Rising Wolf for about 10 years.very well run and a professional but friendly atmosphere.Owners live there so there is always someone around.I would never worry about security.A little pricey but going to the outer boroughs ads time and I do have a price for my time.And you get a lot of add ons you dont get at other garages.
I dont know ryders alley but that sounds good also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts