Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, the hyper took a veeery slow tip over in the garage, no cosmetic damage due to me using myself as a human shield, but it did break the backside of the clamp that holds the left handguard on. I was wondering if anyone that took their guards off would be willing to sell me just the single piece?

Here's a pic to show what i'm talking about.

Thanks guys!

Craig

·
Registered
82 Posts
By the way, just from looking at that pick, your clutch fluid looks like it needs changing. Due to the small volume it gets dirty pretty quick. I change mine every 1000 to 1500 kms. Easy job, takes 15 mins.

·
Registered
196 Posts
garage tipovers are gay....you end up feeling like a big squid who can't keep your bike on a leash. Not to mension the damage is usually light and an annoyance. I did a slow drop with my Harley backing it up out of the garage walking beside it..bumping my back into the side of the garage door, causing me to loose my balance.

Use Permatex plastic weld, it will be stronger than epoxy.

·
Registered
164 Posts
My roomate moved my gsxr which knocked over my hyper then hit a 600rr then hit a F4I, I WAS PISSSSSSSED!!!! Of course it's never gonna be fixed by him.....

Roomates

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
By the way, just from looking at that pick, your clutch fluid looks like it needs changing. Due to the small volume it gets dirty pretty quick. I change mine every 1000 to 1500 kms. Easy job, takes 15 mins.
My clutch fluid on both my Hyper and Multistrada did the same thing and I wondered why they went brown and the front brake fluid stayed clear. ThenI read that the clutch and the back brake fluid to some degree go brown because they are exposed to a lot more engine heat than the brake fluid in front. Not saying you should not change it but the colour change happens quite soon after the bike is new. I am wondering if the recommended change interval in the manual is ok.

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
The recommended change interval is just fine. The fluid works when it's dark, it just means you own a Duc :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts