Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

381 - 400 of 536 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Moved. To where? This didn't deserve the "General Discussion" forum...:think:
Ducatisti garages seems at home in the "Ducati Chat". I mean how does it not have to do with ducatis? Almost every single picture has a duc in it.

Either, still my favorite thread. Subscribed.

·
Banned
5,879 Posts
Well, my garage/shop/wood shed is 54'X40 with a tractor shed added to one side on top of that. But it ain't as fancy as what y'all got so, I'll just keep my pictures to myself. Oh yea, it's heated too. ;)

·
Temporary greeter
23,068 Posts
Ducatisti garages seems at home in the "Ducati Chat". I mean how does it not have to do with ducatis? Almost every single picture has a duc in it.

Either, still my favorite thread. Subscribed.
My garage has more non-Ducati's in it then not. If the topic is not Ducati specific, it belongs here.

Rules are rules. :cool:

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Well, my garage/shop/wood shed is 54'X40 with a tractor shed added to one side on top of that. But it ain't as fancy as what y'all got so, I'll just keep my pictures to myself. Oh yea, it's heated too. ;)
Come on Robert, lets see that beast.......I love old garage/shed/workshops. All these fancy Nancy garages are nice but its good to see what a real shop looks like. Tractors,Tools all over, oil spills, dust, piles of shit lying all over the place. Now that's a shop......:D

·
The days are getting longer!
8,278 Posts
Come on Robert, lets see that beast.......I love old garage/shed/workshops. All these fancy Nancy garages are nice but its good to see what a real shop looks like. Tractors,Tools all over, oil spills, dust, piles of shit lying all over the place. Now that's a shop......:D
So, you've been there! :D

·
Banned
5,879 Posts
So, you've been there! :D

now that just ain't nice.:(:eek:

here you go MM, a proper shop....

and in the shop, I think I must have just cleaned up that day.

maybe I'll clean the front end after the forks are out. ;)

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Now that's what I am talking about, shit is getting done in that garage and its not cleaning the floors so you can eat off them.......:D

·
Official Retired Person
7,153 Posts
Now that's what I am talking about, shit is getting done in that garage and its not cleaning the floors so you can eat off them.......:D
Agreed!

However, why the huge-ass ice tongs hung on the outside wall, Robert?

You cut blocks from the pond during the winter?

·
Banned
5,879 Posts
Agreed!

However, why the huge-ass ice tongs hung on the outside wall, Robert?

You cut blocks from the pond during the winter?
Hey Neal, their just like ice tongs I suppose but their my wife's granddad's logging tongs. Tracey's Dad told me a blacksmith had to know what he was doing to get them to set in the log right and not pop out. Kind of neat to have them.

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
Starting...

The garage:

However, it's my WIFE'S garage. Let me explain...

We just moved to a bigger place and part of the criteria is that it needed land for a shop or else comes with a shop...so here's MY shop:

It's 36'x36', thermostatically controlled attic fan and gas heater (which needs to be hooked up). The PO used to race Mustangs :) The shop isn't quite finished so that part is up to me. I wrench so I don't want a show room -- those fancy houses with the bazillion cars in the 'garage' are really just in an airy show room, it's not a real garage.

Here's my canvas:

Time is sort of precious, I'm still working on bits of the house (the PO's had to leave some remodeling unfinished due to health reasons...and thus sale of the house). Then there's money needed to finish up my shop...which is now in short supply. I'll get there but it's going to take some time but I'm glad I finally have MY space. I can smoke all the cigars I want w/o hassle and have space to move around and WORK! :D

Attachments

·
Banned
2,888 Posts
The garage:

Time is sort of precious, I'm still working on bits of the house (the PO's had to leave some remodeling unfinished due to health reasons...and thus sale of the house). Then there's money needed to finish up my shop...which is now in short supply. I'll get there but it's going to take some time but I'm glad I finally have MY space. I can smoke all the cigars I want w/o hassle and have space to move around and WORK! :D
Now that is a canvas I would love to get my hands on! Plenty of room to roam and your plan for keeping it a real garage are totally respected. Congrats!

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
So, what's the story with the orange Squareback?^^
My parents are the original owners. They traded in the VW Transporter and got a new 1972 Type III. The upgrade from the VW Bug, LOL, but so true nonetheless. I grew up in that car, family of four plus dog, lots of memories. In high school my parents helped my sister get a horse and to make things fair they gave me the car -- which was totally unexpected because I wasn't expecting anything in the first place. Well, the horse is long gone and I still have my baby

She's got a bored and stroked 2007cc engine, full length rag top so everybody gets air, and used to have a Gene Berg 5-speed until I some how broke the ring gear from its carrier :confused: so she's on a stock 4-speed (which does very well!). Click me for details.

Some of my T3 pictures.

Also did the Gene Berg Memorial Cruise 2000 in her and other cross-country trips, she's a trooper! Luv that car :cool:

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
My parents are the original owners. They traded in the VW Transporter and got a new 1972 Type III. The upgrade from the VW Bug, LOL, but so true nonetheless. I grew up in that car, family of four plus dog, lots of memories. In high school my parents helped my sister get a horse and to make things fair they gave me the car -- which was totally unexpected because I wasn't expecting anything in the first place. Well, the horse is long gone and I still have my baby

She's got a bored and stroked 2007cc engine, full length rag top so everybody gets air, and used to have a Gene Berg 5-speed until I some how broke the ring gear from its carrier :confused: so she's on a stock 4-speed (which does very well!). Click me for details.

Some of my T3 pictures.

Also did the Gene Berg Memorial Cruise 2000 in her and other cross-country trips, she's a trooper! Luv that car :cool:
Back in the day, I had a '66 Fastback. And a '59 sedan with a Porsche Super 90 engine.

·
Banned
5,879 Posts
381 - 400 of 536 Posts