Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into doing a coolant flush on my bike. I went to the dealer and all they carry is the Agip brand coolant. I did some research and found that i can possibly use Pentofrost SF coolant (G12) based on the chemicals they each have. Both are Ethylene Glycol and are free of Silicate, amine, nitrite and phosphate inhibitors but Pentofrost does not state if it contains boron (not sure if that matters or not). However, I did not do enough research to determine if the G12 is an Organic Acid Technology (O.A.T.) antifreeze or what chemicals make a coolant an O.A.T. antifreeze for that matter.

I'd like to know if there is anyone how has decided to use the G12 coolant rather than using what is recommended. If so, what bike is it used on? Is it it a daily rider/commuter bike or a track bike?

Thanks

·
Come in Spinner :)
7,491 Posts
Just stick to the coolant type your bike came from the factory with and save yourself a lot of potential problems.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use 100% G12 on my track bike!:grin2:
Have you tried a 50/50 dilution or has it always been 100% G12? Notice any difference in engine temperatures with 100% G12? And one last question. How long Have you been using it?

·
Old Wizard
3,000 Posts
Have you tried a 50/50 dilution or has it always been 100% G12? Notice any difference in engine temperatures with 100% G12?
Water is the best coolant on the planet so the higher the proportion of water mixed with glycol, the better the cooling.

·
Come in Spinner :)
7,491 Posts
Water can still be improved by the addition of waterpump seal lubricants and additives that reduce it's surface tension to obtain better surface contact with the metal.
That's what coolants do as well as raising the boiling point.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts