Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone just posted a ton of parts on eBay from a parted out 2004 st4 that had 42K on the odo and I mean a bunch, like 2-3 pages worth of goodies. Just thought I would let everyone know just in case you are in the market.

·
Still needs a life.
12,599 Posts
I believe that is my late 04-ST4s being parted out. Looking at the photo of the side bags, the damage to the left bag matches that in the last photo I took and I can see the flat black reflective stickers I put on them. The key holder is from Ducati Seattle, just like mine.

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
Bummer indeed!
Why was it totalled out?

They have a video link which I down loaded and played...left side fairing has plenty of road rash but didn't appear to be shattered. Motor was running, instruments indicated 158F water temp at idle, blipped the throttle a few times and response was crisp.

Company says they have brick and mortar store front in Ohio.

·
Still needs a life.
12,599 Posts
Looking at the video, it was definitely my late bike. Why was it totalled? I assume like any insurance total, the estimated cost of repair (parts + labor) exceeded the present value of the bike. All that plastic is expensive.

FWIW, the bike had 6,000 more miles in it than the odometer indicated due to the dash being replaced at 6,000 miles.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Looking at the video, it was definitely my late bike. Why was it totalled? I assume like any insurance total, the estimated cost of repair (parts + labor) exceeded the present value of the bike. All that plastic is expensive.
After I hit the deer last summer Progressive totalled my bike. They paid me around $8000 for the bike and gear and I paid them about $1100 to buy the bike back. It only cost me about $3500 to make it look like it did before and it worked just as well.

IMO, they were accurate with the valuation of bike, aftermarket parts and riding gear but very generous letting me buy it back for so little. Seriously, a 2002 ST4s well maintained for only $1100 just because of some road rash? The forged aluminum wheels alone were worth nearly $2000 on the used market.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bill you should buy one small part to hang in your garage or use on your next ST for old time sakes.......:D

·
Registered
107 Posts
Wow, cool. An independent source of info! What 'make' is the shock? Would it be a nice upgrade for an '05 ST3 currently wearing an original Sachs unit? Would it be an easy fit, do you know? Seems like a possible opportunity for a great buy on an upgrade that usually would cost much more, no?

·
Still needs a life.
12,599 Posts
The rear shock is the OEM Ohlins with 48,000 miles on it. I don't know how easy it would be to install on an ST3.

·
Still needs a life.
12,599 Posts
Did anyone ever buy any parts off my old bike? I am curious what happened to the yellow AWACS trunk. It was my trademark for several years.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Wow, cool. An independent source of info! What 'make' is the shock? Would it be a nice upgrade for an '05 ST3 currently wearing an original Sachs unit? Would it be an easy fit, do you know? Seems like a possible opportunity for a great buy on an upgrade that usually would cost much more, no?
The shock from an ST4S will fit. However the shock from Bills' bike went the last time these parts went on sale. I know I got out bid. I did however get the adjustable ride height link. The ST4S shock is made by Ohlins and is much sought after, not just by ST riders but as an upgrade for monsters also.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts