Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I currently ride an Aprilia RSVR and I am now working on a project to build a naked Supersport 1000 DS. The build will include Ohlins front end, modified frame, aluminum tank, etc.

I have an extra set of forged OZ wheels for my Aprilia and I am wondering if I can get them to fit on the Supersport by playing with spacers. I know the front will work, but I am concerned about the rear.

Can someone please measure the width of the inside of the swingarm on a Supersport? See attached pic for measurement needed.

Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
635 Posts
Ohh come on guys 23 people have read the post and you can't walk to the garage and measure it. Surely one of you has a late model SS you can't all be pre 99ss folks. (ok maybe all 23 of you are pre99 guys :rolleyes:)

I'd measure it I've got a swing arm laying in the basement but I'm like 7 or 8 time zones away from my house right now.

Come on some body show this guy some love!!!

Edit: ok it has only been a half hour since he posted this......... did I mention I'm like 8 time zones away from home right now..... I'm a little off today! :)

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
The 1000SS DS had a unique rear swingarm design, but primarily in side view. I suspect the dimension he is looking for is the same as 900SS models, but I'm not sure. Didn't the 1000SS also go to a 180 rear tire?
My point is that an owner of a 1000SS DS may have to answer this.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I am in the process of changin my sprockets, changing etc and my tire happened to be off. I just measured it on a 2000 SS i.e and it is exactly 9 1/2 inches from inner side to inner side.

·
Registered
792 Posts
241mm inside face to inside face.

Measured on both the '96 aluminum swingarm on my SS/SP (wide upper brace version) and the spare '93(?) aluminum (narrow upper brace version) hanging in my garage.

Geeeezzze buggy...too much coffee? Or is your brain fried from all the time spent in an airplane? (Just Kidding....)

·
Registered
635 Posts
Geeeezzze buggy...too much coffee? Or is your brain fried from all the time spent in an airplane? (Just Kidding....)

Both actually...... what gave it away? :think:

Thats why I like our plane. Who really needs to be a fighter pilot. They don't have a huge coffee pot in the back of the plane :D Lets see them stand up and stretch there legs and walk around on a 10 hour hop

·
Registered
818 Posts
as long as the wheel width is similar to stock, and the swinger matches, just find yourself a good independe trace shop/mechanic and they can help you fit it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts