Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been lurking for a while doing some research for a future bike purchase and was debating between the 696 and the S2R 800 and have pretty much decided on the S2R 800 in red with white stripe/wheels.

Now i just have to find one by next riding season, i live in Chicago and it's almost over now and next season would be a better purchase time for me.

However, even now i don't see many for sale :(

Just wanted to say thanks for all of the help, forum has been really helpful.

Thanks

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
too much bike for me at this moment; also can anyone tell me what years the S2R was available with the red paint white wheels paint scheme?

Also are there any changes within the production years of the S2R 800 that i should be aware of?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
go to www.ducati.com, click on "bikes" at the top, the "previous model years" on the left. You can then get the full specs for each year of any bike since 2002.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Looks like 2005 (first year) & 2006 had the red paint and white wheels. Went to black wheels in 2007 (final year).

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
welcome. mine's finally out of the shop after a lengthy visit. despite the service weirdness, it's still a brilliant machine. runs like a convict.

white wheels will demand your attention. otherwise they'll look like a cheap whore with runny mascara... i'm just sayin.

good luck with finding the bike of your dreams. 800cc is plenty capable. decide how illegal you want to be & it will gladly oblige.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks drums4money; can i ask you your height/weight and what you think of the suspension and if you have modded it at all? Last question, what type of front/rear suspension adjustibility is there?

thanks

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Thanks drums4money; can i ask you your height/weight and what you think of the suspension and if you have modded it at all? Last question, what type of front/rear suspension adjustibility is there?

thanks
6ft & 195#. just under 14stone.

ergonomically I really enjoy the posture on the bike. it's not cramped- at least for my liking.

i find the suspension a little spongy, and that feeling is dominated by the front end- no adjustability up there. i don't have any issues with the rear mono-shock. provided the funds "fall out of the sky", i'd like to send everything out for basic work to firm up front & back....and maybe a set of wheels. that could be $1,500 - $2k before wheels. so my jury is always out when it comes to determining how much more do you want to spend & will your appreciation for the package increase at a similarly escalating rate?

it's hard to justify when you really can't find anything about the bike that is devastatingly deficient.

that's only one guys $.02 & your mileage may vary.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts