Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know what going on, but it seems like things are falling apart here in the states. American honda pulls out of the series, Yamaha announced it will out source the 2010 factory effects and American suzuki just laid off entire press div.!! What's Happening here???? Are things really that bad here!:confused:

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
Sales of sportbikes are down what - 50%? Also - Yamaha isn't exactly pulling out, they're just putting it all with Chuck. They can up his budget and decrease their in house expenses so it's all a wash but makes the accountants look good.

As for Pro racing, if DMG fails for whatever reason we'll step in and do it.

·
Banned
11,256 Posts

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
Buell no longer exists, they will not return. I'm hearing that Kawi is going to pull out too. No idea on Suzuki yet since they're Yosh and Suzuki.

We'd do a pro series again if necessary but it'll take having a TV deal and the OEM's behind us.

·
Banned
11,256 Posts

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
No one has said they'd support WERA. I am strictly talking about what we'd need. If DMG folds then we'd do it without the OEM's and even without TV. BTDT and succeeded so it's not too big a deal to do it again if the sport needs it.

·
9,757 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
First off I do like the DMG . I have caught flax on anouther site saying I approve of adjusting the twins displacement to the 4cylider bikes because of inherant advantages of having 2 cyl. vs $ cyl. ( I would think here peope understand this lol) Following the NASCAR type plan for close racing was a success . The rest of there management skills where lacking . And thats putting it mildly. .. ROLLING STARTS IN MOTORCYCLE RACING ? IF YOU THINK IT SEEMS LIKE A DIM WITTED IDEA LOOKING AT IT ON TV . TRY ACTUALLY BEING ON THE RACETRACK !!!!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
The DMG's downfall isnt the Buell situation in my mind...(though I do think that has something to do with Honda being so willing to pull out) Its more the over all feel that the DMG puts off... The DMG seem unprofessional! with the JRP incident, the Topeka track saftey question, and the fact that the rule book seems to be a living/changing document. Why would people spend the big buck to go race for a title when the rule change day to day??
Couple that with the global ecconomy and its bad news for the DMG

That said I like some of the stuff they did this year. I have said many time that the Dayton/FX (class with buell vs. 600s)was some of the best racing on TV next to the 250 gp races. Also the Superbike class was changed up so that someone other than Suzuki had a shot. So I think that the DMG did alot to make American road racing better, but the shady politics are thier down fall.

·
Registered
630 Posts
The only way I see DMG succeeding is to cut loose Edmonson and the other over inflated egos at the top. Then they might have a shot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts