Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1997 Ducati 900SS CR in the rare yellow

33,000 miles. High compression pistons. Termignoni carbon fiber slip-ons in exceptional condition. Open airbox with K&N filter. Brembo full floating cast iron rotors. Stock forks were rebuilt/resprung several years ago. There's a very small ding in the tank but overall the bike is in outstanding condition.

Best of all...

The bike has been freshly serviced by TJ at MotoUnion in WI--literally zero miles since the valve adjustment and belts (OEM) were replaced.

I also ultrasonically cleaned the carbs and installed:
  • Brand new Shorai battery
  • Brand new 520 sprockets (aluminum rear)
  • Brand new DID ERV3 520 chain
  • Brand new Dunlop Q3 tires
  • Brand new EBC HH brake pads
  • Fresh Motul RBF600 brake and clutch fluid
  • Filter and full synthetic oil change

The modifications have been carefully selected and things like the windscreen and fenders are still OEM. The maintenance has thoroughly been done, so you'll have nothing to do but ride for thousands of miles. $3700

If you are interested, I have an aluminum swingarm and 5.5" rear wheel from the SS SP, a service stand, and some other spares for the bike (mostly fairings) for additional cost.

If you really want to bring the bike beyond SS SP spec after the rotors/wheel/swingarm, I have the fully adjustable Showas with the $1500 GP Suspension internals kit. I briefly had them on my 851 before going to Ohlins.

I'll get better photos posted and the exact mileage updated shortly.

Attachments

·
Registered
856 Posts
This is a bargain, I hope the bike finds a good home

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mileage is 34,911. Now that the bike is in front of me, the rear fender has been trimmed. But I had forgotten that I put new grips on it. Also has a billet oil cap and STM clutch slave and bar ends.

I took a bunch of pics but it's a royal pain to resize and then post them here, so I'll post just a few here. If you need more, PM me with your email address and I've got about 30 that I can send.

Attachments

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, this is a bargain! Maybe a grand to 1500 below value.
Yeah, I probably should have waited until I got home and remembered some of the other details. It's advertised for $4k elsewhere but until I get a deposit that doesn't mean people can't offer more. :)

Reactions: markwemple

·
Registered
69 Posts
If you end up with the spares, please let me know. Depending upon my budget I may be interested!

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still available. Rather it go to someone here than put it on Craigslist or eBay.

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought a new left hand switch and I've just had the carbs professionally redone, but the bike starts and runs like a dream now. $3950

I'll be going to Deal's Gap in 2.5 weeks and may be able to help with delivery along the way.

Reactions: Tripod

·
Registered
160 Posts
Man my old CR is looking good.
I put the first 20+k miles on it, maybe I should put another 20k on it.
Pm me if you want to try to work out a deal
tt

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Heading down to Deal's Gap on Saturday in case any southern buyers want to save a little on shipping...

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Are those rearsets stock? Just painted black? That bike is b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l. Right down to the windscreen which is actually clear enough to see through after all these years (mine wasn't). You didn't mention the aftermarket clutch & open cover either...

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are those rearsets stock? Just painted black? That bike is b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l. Right down to the windscreen which is actually clear enough to see through after all these years (mine wasn't). You didn't mention the aftermarket clutch & open cover either...
Rearsets are stock. I know some years of the 851/888 had black rearsets, I'm assuming the same for the SS. Clutch and cover are not aftermarket (well, plates could be). A previous owner sprayed the pressure plate and vented the original cover.

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh, took a family photo too.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Rearsets are stock. I know some years of the 851/888 had black rearsets, I'm assuming the same for the SS. Clutch and cover are not aftermarket (well, plates could be). A previous owner sprayed the pressure plate and vented the original cover.
My '97 had silver finish rearsets. Quite original, the self-vented clutch cover and some yellow spray paint... looks pretty good!

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sold.

Reactions: Tripod
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.