Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, the good news! I got full Termis and the upmap installed on my 2017 Pikes Peak and the bike runs GREAT! Sincerely amazing. Performs a lot better than stock, seems to have flattened out the dip, and sounds way way WAY better than stock. It's still not as batshit-fast or brutal as my 2013 Pikes Peak, but it sounds *far* better than that bike ever did (basically running straight pipes with a Rexxer flash), and it's much smoother to boot.

Initially, I also preferred the looks of my 2013, but now that I've added GOLD WHEELS, this bike looks much better, IMO. And, all joking aside, the handling difference was immediately noticeable. The slightly lighter wheels make the bike seem exponentially lighter -- they should have come with forged Marchesinis stock.

Now for the bad news: my rear cylinder is leaking oil! Right after the 1,000-km service, which I actually did at 2,000 kms at the factory in Bologna, and then rode back to Berlin to put on another 2k. What the [email protected]$&? Has anyone else had an experience like this with a new bike? Loose gasket? Not 100% sure what the culprit is yet, but the dealer wants to take it apart.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,266 Posts
First, the good news! I got full Termis and the upmap installed on my 2017 Pikes Peak and the bike runs GREAT! Sincerely amazing. Performs a lot better than stock, seems to have flattened out the dip, and sounds way way WAY better than stock. It's still not as batshit-fast or brutal as my 2013 Pikes Peak, but it sounds *far* better than that bike ever did (basically running straight pipes with a Rexxer flash), and it's much smoother to boot.

Initially, I also preferred the looks of my 2013, but now that I've added GOLD WHEELS, this bike looks much better, IMO. And, all joking aside, the handling difference was immediately noticeable. The slightly lighter wheels make the bike seem exponentially lighter -- they should have come with forged Marchesinis stock.

Now for the bad news: my rear cylinder is leaking oil! Right after the 1,000-km service, which I actually did at 2,000 kms at the factory in Bologna, and then rode back to Berlin to put on another 2k. What the [email protected]$&? Has anyone else had an experience like this with a new bike? Loose gasket? Not 100% sure what the culprit is yet, but the dealer wants to take it apart.
Cool! I was just looking at those wheels and wondering how the gold would look on a multi. How much did they run you?

Note that if you put those on the same time you put the exhaust on then it's probably the wheels that made most of the difference in performance... amazing how big a kick reduced rotating mass can give you on acceleration.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The wheels came in between the pipe and the upmap (because the shop that put the pipe on didn't have Ducati dealer clearance for the upmap-site -- silly), but I agree. The wheels make a huge difference that is really noticeable right away. I would recommend to anyone. I think they were about two grand in euros, lemme check.

·
Premium Member
4,266 Posts
The wheels came in between the pipe and the upmap (because the shop that put the pipe on didn't have Ducati dealer clearance for the upmap-site -- silly), but I agree. The wheels make a huge difference that is really noticeable right away. I would recommend to anyone. I think they were about two grand in euros, lemme check.
Sounds close to what I'm seeing for prices... I do like the look.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Those don't quite look like the Oz GASS wheels. What are they? Take-offs from another Ducati? I'm getting ready to put some 1098S wheels I purchased from a poster here. Mine are black but the gold shows off the intricacies more than black. Nice!

·
Registered
510 Posts

nice, very clean looking multis

·
Premium Member
4,266 Posts
Those don't quite look like the Oz GASS wheels. What are they? Take-offs from another Ducati? I'm getting ready to put some 1098S wheels I purchased from a poster here. Mine are black but the gold shows off the intricacies more than black. Nice!
Marchesini's

1 - 8 of 8 Posts