Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else waiting for their full Termignoni system? My dealer says they're still a month out.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm waiting as well. A couple of weeks ago when I ordered mine I had heard they were being released in July, but it didn't seem like that was definite.
Ken

·
Registered
58 Posts
#3 Was told to expect it mid month or so.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm just wondering about the dreaded "flat spot" with the full system and new ECU.............does it need reprogramming as well?

·
Registered
185 Posts
I think with the open system instead of the closed loop system on the stock headers that there would be no flat spot even without the new fix.
Ken

·
Registered
309 Posts
You bring up an interesting point...

I think with the open system instead of the closed loop system on the stock headers that there would be no flat spot even without the new fix.
Ken
Does the Termi slip-on kit keep the closed loop system intact? I wonder if the fueling fix that will be applied to the stock SF's will need to be applied to the DP ECU?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Does the Termi slip-on kit keep the closed loop system intact? I wonder if the fueling fix that will be applied to the stock SF's will need to be applied to the DP ECU?
The slip ons still utilize a closed loop system. I would say that the fix works with the slip ons as there are people on the forum that had the slip ons on the bike and them got the "fix" and the problem is corrected.
Ken

·
Registered
102 Posts
The slip ons still utilize a closed loop system. I would say that the fix works with the slip ons as there are people on the forum that had the slip ons on the bike and them got the "fix" and the problem is corrected.
Ken
This doesn't sound right to me. The non-homologated (non-street-legal), carbon slipons do not have a catalytic converter, and do not therefore need closed-loop control. They are referred to in the literature as "racing" equipment, and the corresponding ECU is referred to the same way. This implies that there is no use of closed loop control to maintain stoichiometric fuel mixture, as would be needed to feed the catalytic converter located in the stock muffler, and also in the homologated (street-legal) titanium slipons (which include a catalytic converter, as mentioned in the description in the Accessories catalog). There is a new ECU with the titanium, homologated slipons, but it probably just takes care of a remap for increased flow with the new exhaust.

I'm not sure why people with carbon slipons and the racing ECU would be getting the same reflash of their ECU as people with the stock exhaust and ECU. That would make no sense, for the above reasons.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts