Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting close to an upcoming service I thought I'd take a look at the DP performance airfilter that came with the DP Termi kit.

I was surprised by how dirty it has become. There was even some grime/gunk on the butterflies. I have a brand new stock air filter whose filtering element is different from the performance one, and seems to fit fine inside the opened up airbox just fine.

I'm gonna take a ride on the motorway with the stock filter on and report back.

Anyone else done this before? The stock element is finer, and may restrict the intake somewhat. We'll see how it performs at 160 km/hr. The Monster may become only a slightly crazed (run a bit too rich), rather than a fully crazee ape it normally is.

·
Registered
407 Posts
filter

I ran mine both ways and could not tell a difference (may show up on the dyno). The biggest gain is probably the open airbox cover.

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Well came back from a quick blast to Amsterdam and back. My seat of the pants indicator could tell no difference whatsoever.

There was a stiff cross-wind today, and quite a bit of traffic. I brought it up to 160 km/hr, then opened it right up, and it accelerated to 200 like it normally does. Too much traffic and speed control for more than that.

The stock filter seems of better quality, and I will likely continue with it and new ones like it given the gunk I observed the DP one let through.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts