Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Ducatisti, I have a question: I installed a used full Termi exaust, the yellow engine light came on, I also connected the upmap thumb drive.
Took the bike to the local dealer, to get the light extinguished. They told me I have to take the bike home, take the mirror off, take the plate off and tape all the lights and blinkers. Then, bring back the bike and sign a waver that state I will only ride on closed racetracks.then they will turn off the light and install the race map.
Has anyone else experienced it?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: aschemkes

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Hello Ducatisti, I have a question: I installed a used full Termi exaust, the yellow engine light came on, I also connected the upmap thumb drive.
Took the bike to the local dealer, to get the light extinguished. They told me I have to take the bike home, take the mirror off, take the plate off and tape all the lights and blinkers. Then, bring back the bike and sign a waver that state I will only ride on closed racetracks.then they will turn off the light and install the race map.
Has anyone else experienced it?

It's a CYA moment for them. I've signed waivers just to buy full systems. Do it or live with the light or try another dealer. What they described only takes 15 minutes.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Do it or live with the light or try another dealer. What they described only takes 15 minutes.
Although as I understand it, living with the light on means that the upmap never loaded. Just putting the USB key in the port isn't enough. The dealer has to enable it.

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Although as I understand it, living with the light on means that the upmap never loaded. Just putting the USB key in the port isn't enough. The dealer has to enable it.
That is also my understanding.

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also in a country where straight pipes out of Harleys are by far the loudest and not eco friendly, that move by Ducati is a joke.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Also in a country where straight pipes out of Harleys are by far the loudest and not eco friendly, that move by Ducati is a joke.

It's not Ducati's fault. The dealer could have their ass handed to them by the state or the EPA if they're found disabling required emissions control devices.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Full Termi Problem

The dealer I bought my 16 DVT from was more than happy to sell me a full system and install it with the upmap - it was going to cost about $3200. I never did it so I am not sure what waivers they would have had me sign. It seems like the upmap limits your choices to buying from an AD at full price. Not worth 15% of the bikes new cost to me although I admit the thought has crossed my mind a few times.

I would definitely go through the hassle if I had the system to get a proper upmap even for a few hours aggravation.

I am sure it will be great when the install pain is in the rear view mirror (no pun intended)

Throttle dip smoothed out a bit, better sound, lighter weight up high where it counts, aesthetic appeal and less heat near the brake line.

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The dealer I bought my 16 DVT from was more than happy to sell me a full system and install it with the upmap - it was going to cost about $3200. I never did it so I am not sure what waivers they would have had me sign. It seems like the upmap limits your choices to buying from an AD at full price. Not worth 15% of the bikes new cost to me although I admit the thought has crossed my mind a few times.

I would definitely go through the hassle if I had the system to get a proper upmap even for a few hours aggravation.

I am sure it will be great when the install pain is in the rear view mirror (no pun intended)

Throttle dip smoothed out a bit, better sound, lighter weight up high where it counts, aesthetic appeal and less heat near the brake line.
And...I literally have to hang on as I gass it in full!! Damn! It pulls like a train! The raucous sound (even without the map) is menacing, especially during downshifts.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts

And...I literally have to hang on as I gass it in full!! Damn! It pulls like a train! The raucous sound (even without the map) is menacing, especially during downshifts.

Now drop a tooth off the front sprocket and you'll never get rid of that bike!
Cheers!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Is the light on because you disconnected the exhaust servo cables ? You can get exhaust servo buddy for $59 ish . Plug into exhaust servo electrical connector and done .
For the Tune you would need computer/cables and software or for about $150 throw some Dat Ducs on her , as the just plug into the 02 sensor harnesses .
Or just do as dealer says as they are not at fault to follow Your state/federal laws !

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yep...I just ordered my full termi for my 1260 multi last weekend. The dealer said they will have to take the mirrors off, tape the lights up and take a pic of it on their trailer. They then send that to Ducati and only then will they get the map update. Crazy!

·
Registered
154 Posts
look at the bright side, on a bike you only need to do that once. If you modify a car exhaust you would need to go through this every 2 years to get it smog check. It's an "off road" non-EPA compliant system, play along once and enjoy the benefits for the life of the bike.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I recently purchased my 2016 PP with full termi. Not sure if it is worth the money (prior owner brunt the majority of the cost), but is surely sounds awesome and mean. Lov it.

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Now drop a tooth off the front sprocket and you'll never get rid of that bike!
Cheers!
Won't it be wheelie prone, even more than it is now?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Is that a bad thing? You can set the DWC to #3 if you want the front end to stay on the ground all the time. The bike will be a lot more fun to ride even if both tires get the same mileage.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Is that a bad thing? You can set the DWC to #3 if you want the front end to stay on the ground all the time. The bike will be a lot more fun to ride even if both tires get the same mileage.
Agreed. I did the -1 up front and it's fantastic even if it is harder on the chain as some say. When this chain dies, I'll go to a +3 on the rear and put the front back to stock.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Alright, gonna ask a dumb question at the moment. Does the USB stick need to stay plugged into the bike? I have the full system and have never plugged in the stick since having it installed.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Alright, gonna ask a dumb question at the moment. Does the USB stick need to stay plugged into the bike? I have the full system and have never plugged in the stick since having it installed.
I do not believe so. Or at least is not on my bike I just took home. My understanding is that is used to upload the map.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts