Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this and I noticed a bend / dent in the front header pipe. Is this normal or a defect? Anyone have any experience with this?

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Debating whether I should keep it or not. Got it for a decent price. Would the dent / damage affect performance?

·
Registered
2001 ST4, 2002 M750S, 2008 848
264 Posts
what are you putting it on? and what size is it? if it's an oversized header and you're putting in on an 848 it will make ZERO difference in performance as the stock size header is already balanced for that engine.... if it's for a 10/1198 then yes it will have a slight effect on performance...

if it were me though, i'd take it back simply because it's damaged...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your input guys. I got the whole system for $2700. The cheapest I have seen is about 3200. It's going on an 1198sp. If it doesn't affect performance, would you keep it or return? If it affects performance I think I would consider letting it go..

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
I would think the dent would definitely cause a hot spot. If you're playing around on the street, shouldn't be a problem. I'f your tracking the bike, I would think it would run ok, but not as it should.

·
Senior Narcissista
5,737 Posts
I would think the dent would definitely cause a hot spot. If you're playing around on the street, shouldn't be a problem. I'f your tracking the bike, I would think it would run ok, but not as it should.
Youre guessing, its what you would think, but its not so.
No problem even at a track bike.
No offense though, it seems weird to the eye but the engine wont mind.
Done too many real tests, not guessing, I DO try and get on my knees and get dirty :D

Use it!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I compared it to the Termi front header on my 1198S, and the dent or "tooling" mark is very similar - yours is maybe a tad more pronounced. Depending on the deal, your call to live with it or send it back. I know it is hard to settle for something less than perfect when we are putting out big $ for these parts.

Just my 2 cents. Hope it helps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts