Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I give up! I've had the db killer out for 9K miles now and just stuck it back in. I loved the roar but since this is a "touring" bike...I found that the noise was getting to be too much, especially when riding a lot of miles at one time. Between that and the air "roar"...I gave up. My neighbors now love me again.:rolleyes:

Still sounds sweet even with it in!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I give up! I've had the db killer out for 9K miles now and just stuck it back in. I loved the roar but since this is a "touring" bike...I found that the noise was getting to be too much, especially when riding a lot of miles at one time. Between that and the air "roar"...I gave up. My neighbors now love me again.:rolleyes:

Still sounds sweet even with it in!
I almost stock mine back in but can't bring my self to because of the sweet sound of the Termignoni.

·
Super Moderator
5,710 Posts
I'm with you Buckeye

I stuck mine in after about 500 miles and am much happier, still sounds plenty sweet to me. I occasionally think about removing it, but worry I might tear out the grip pin, it took some banging to get it installed and don't know how much in and out it can handle.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I stuck mine in after about 500 miles and am much happier, still sounds plenty sweet to me. I occasionally think about removing it, but worry I might tear out the grip pin, it took some banging to get it installed and don't know how much in and out it can handle.
It's actually pretty beefy...I wouldn't worry about it. But...the longer it's in, the harder it'll be to get out. Using a slide hammer works great if it gets stubborn.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts