Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking around for info, but no luck. Does anybody make a full exhaust system for a GT 1000? I contacted Staintune and they dont, only slip-ons.

Any suggestions?

Thanks Jeff

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Supposedly Keihan makes a direct replacement header/pipe kit (Conti Replicas). You can get the mufflers or headers separately, and both are supposed to be compatible with stick/termi bits. I am interested in the header, but I have yet to see a pic of the headers. The pic on the website appears to be the stock dual wall headers with the Keihan slip ons. If anyone has info on the header only, especially pics, I would be very interested to see 'em cause I like my termignonis, but hate the stock dual wall header.

http://bevelheaven.com/productinfo.html (click on "exhaust parts" on the left, then scroll down to the pic of the red GT)

·
Registered
900 Posts
Supposedly Keihan makes a direct replacement header/pipe kit (Conti Replicas). You can get the mufflers or headers separately, and both are supposed to be compatible with stick/termi bits. I am interested in the header, but I have yet to see a pic of the headers. The pic on the website appears to be the stock dual wall headers with the Keihan slip ons. If anyone has info on the header only, especially pics, I would be very interested to see 'em cause I like my termignonis, but hate the stock dual wall header.

http://bevelheaven.com/productinfo.html (click on "exhaust parts" on the left, then scroll down to the pic of the red GT)
Pretty cool. Any idea who's fairing that is?

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I e-mailed the guys at Bevel heaven about the exhaust. Here is what he said

Single wall, OD is the same as original pipes OD - ID is much larger as there are not 2 walls.......... it is MUCH lighter than stock.

Photos: http://shop.bevelheaven.com/detail.aspx?ID=1003

The CONTI REPLICA is a complete stainless steel system, ready to bolt on to your 2007 Ducati GT1000 SPORT CLASSIC with no modifications required. Simply remove your old system and install this one in it's place. The kits includes the silencers, brackets, pipes etc etc... Everything. The exhaust pipes include a threaded boss to take the gas flow sensor. You may also purchase ONLY the silencers and related hardware if you like, and they will work with the stock exhaust pipes. However, these mufflers are stainless steel and will look slightly different than the original pipes - keep this in mind if you decide to go that route. The slip on Conti Replica kit includes the silencers, brackets and clamps and bolts right on to your stock exhaust pipes with no modification required. Made by Keihan in the UK, these exhaust systems are made completely of stainless steel, and are backed by a 10 year warranty. These silencers are based on their Conti Replica kit which have been in production for years made for bevel drives and believe me, they sound great. Keihan has been in the business of making high quality stainless steel exhaust systems for years. Choose your shipping destination and also choose if you want to buy a full system or just the slip on system.
If you are in the UK, you MUST pay the VAT as indicated below as your system will be drop shipped from the UK to you..... NOTE: you may be billed for customs import duties due etc. by the shipper - if this happens you will be responsible to pay. This is beyond my control and I have no idea if it will actually happen or not...... These systems will drop ship directly from the Keihan factory in the UK to you when complete. These systems are ready to ship. THANK YOU!

Cordiali saluti

Steve Allen BevelHeaven.com
It's all about Vintage Ducati
Shop # 01.925.798.BEVL (2385)
Mobile # 01.925.586.6420 (for emergency use only)

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I emailed them as well. Like Dietrich, I'm happy with the Termi slip-ons but don't care for the stock headers. The Keihan headers are available alone for the same price as the slip ons, so $753. Assuming shipping is the same as for the slipons, add another $145 for a total of $898. More than I'm willing to spend right now.

However, if anyone wants just the slipons, they can buy the full exhaust for $435 more. I'd probably be willing to pay around $500 for the headers.:think:

·
Registered
503 Posts
Yes those pipes look nice....a tad expensive in Australia....and I couldn't find anyone locally that had taken the plunge.....the fatduc man Jason had a set and then swapped back to Stayoutatunes....there is a thread search under Keihn...you will see it.

Cheers Roger

1 - 8 of 8 Posts