Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the OEM size is like 1/3 to regular motorcycle front fender. Has anyone found is there a bigger fender available anywhere ? It really could be like 1-2" longer from the back and front. Annoying how much it throws dirt and sand to engine, exhaust, oil cooler etc.

I found only extensions parts to engine side of the fender. Their carbon fiber doesn`t match the original fenders so tha would look dull or have to be recovered fully after attachment. DIY solution might be the only option.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I think the OEM size is like 1/3 to regular motorcycle front fender. Has anyone found is there a bigger fender available anywhere ? It really could be like 1-2" longer from the back and front. Annoying how much it throws dirt and sand to engine, exhaust, oil cooler etc.

I found only extensions parts to engine side of the fender. Their carbon fiber doesn`t match the original fenders so tha would look dull or have to be recovered fully after attachment. DIY solution might be the only option.
If ya dont like the carbon ones, there is this cheap alternative on ebay here:

https://www.ebay.com/p/Ducati-Hyper...-keep-clean/659468323?iid=132504255543&chn=ps

I dont know of anyone that ever made a larger replacement fender tho

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If ya dont like the carbon ones, there is this cheap alternative on ebay here:

https://www.ebay.com/p/Ducati-Hyper...-keep-clean/659468323?iid=132504255543&chn=ps

I dont know of anyone that ever made a larger replacement fender tho
Sorry, I explained it wrong. I already have carbon fiber front fender and hugger/rear fender. I ordered the extension to front fender but it has totally different carbon fiber texture than the Ducati Performance ones.

But you are propably right and no one makes bigger fenders to hypermotard, or at least i haven`t seen any. Maybe I`ll try DIY solution when I have time again.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Never seen any bigger Hyper fenders / mudguards either. I have the abs / plastic "fender extender" on the front (about 4" long from memory) Hugger on rear. Nuthin fancy, it's only a 796.
The front does help keep some crud off the front cylinder. That cylinder looks s##t on my bike, plus the paint finish on the motor is peeling all over!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts