Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about changing my Nichols aluminum rear rotor, which is pretty useless, mostly for passing tech, on my track bike. Got this email from Braketech today, FYI. He says he'll anodize the carrier gold for $10 more (gotta match my front Braketech rotors :)).

"Hi Joe.
Coming back to in follow up to your inquiry from late last year. We've the new AXIS rear floaters now available for your bike, the following details this new high performance upgrade:

On the new front, our all-new AXIS/Rear full-floaters incorporate our patented floating architecture which is the hallmark of our AXIS front floaters. These lightweight 100% billet units are a full 5mm thick and yet still weigh less than the thinner [4.0mm] fixed mount OE units. Our race-spec ductile iron units improve overall brake response with not just more power but strategically, considerably improved control and modulation at the brake pedal (as well as reducing brake drag).

This extraordinarily innovative new patented design improves not only overall braking power, but blends this with superb control - the defining nature of this leading-edge technology. The AXIS/Cobra stainless steel version utilizing the same Optimized Petal design as our benchmark AXIS/Cobra front floaters. Both the billet Iron and Cobra stainless feature our hallmark -300º Cryogenic processing in a computer control LN vapor system.

Granted, rear brakes have historically not been a significant player in the Sportbike market, but never before has a truly innovative full-floating rotor been developed and targeted for this application. With it's distinctive design, increased performance parameters and weight reduction, the hi-tech design intent is to tap into a largely ignored rear brake rotor market sector. This is of particular importance for those who are upgrading to aftermarket wheels and/or calipers. The new AXIS/Rear floaters are offered for nearly all late model European and Japanese Sportbikes.

Although the all-new AXIS rear floaters perform brilliantly with the OE Brembo calipers, they are the perfect upgrade for those moving to the Brembo HPK Billet rear caliper conversion kits. On pricing:

AXIS/Rear Floaters, 245mm x 5mm (6-point mount)
• BTD-247R: AXIS/Iron, billet race series; $299.95
• BTD-247RS: AXIS/Cobra stainless in Optimized petal design; $279.95

More info is available on these at our website:
AXIS Rear Floaters

Brake Pad recommendations: utilize either the Ferodo Platinum organic or for a more responsive rear brake, the HH-rated SinterGrip ST brake pads. Red bobbins are standard (black optional)."

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yeah I got a similar email . Been waiting on these ever since my track bike caliper locked up and torched my previous edition axis iron rear floater last fall . Will probably get two , one for the race 750 and another for the street SS/SP .

How have the gold carriers held up on your front rotors ? My track bike has the black carrier axis rotors on it so I'll get a black one for that bike , but my street SS/SP has the stock iron Brembo's with the gold carriers . I might get a gold carrier for the rear of that bike , and then eventually replace the fronts with some gold carrier axis ones if the gold on yours has held up well .

Thanks
Ron

·
Registered
740 Posts
When spent munch money on a rear rotor that's hardly ever used?
Keep the Nichols, it's probably lighter than the full floating one.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When spent munch money on a rear rotor that's hardly ever used?
Keep the Nichols, it's probably lighter than the full floating one.
Of course you're right, especially since I just said I was done buying stuff for this bike :rolleyes:.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yes I was talking about the gold anodizing on the carriers . Thanks for the pic . Nice bike . My track bike has the black carriers and they look pretty good after several years although the red buttons are beginning to look a little faded .

Ron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts