Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Anyone running Cast Full FLoaters on the front?

Could I get any feedback on the brake response as opposed to standard rotors?

I have them as standard on my 888 and braking is just unbelievable, would like to run a set on my 998 but no one seems to have any......
What does the 999R run on the front, Stainless??

Cheers

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
The 999R uses a stainless Brembo rotor.
Brembo does not have iron rotors any longer but Braketech and Speiglar have iron rotors.

http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myProducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=643%7CDucati%20Brake%20Rotors&productID=4395&showDetail=1&categoryID=644|748%2D998%20Rotors&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&collection=168%7CEuropean%20Motorcycle%20Parts

http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myProducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=643%7CDucati%20Brake%20Rotors&productID=3264&showDetail=1&categoryID=644|748%2D998%20Rotors&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&collection=168%7CEuropean%20Motorcycle%20Parts

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have these. I have no idea if they are iron or cheese or what, but, hell they cost enough.

work real good like

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
moto said:
The 999R uses a stainless Brembo rotor.
Brembo does not have iron rotors any longer but Braketech and Speiglar have iron rotors.

http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myProducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=643%7CDucati%20Brake%20Rotors&productID=4395&showDetail=1&categoryID=644|748%2D998%20Rotors&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&collection=168%7CEuropean%20Motorcycle%20Parts

Thanks, I sent a message through the Motowheels website for postage costs etc etc...

Are the rotors a "No Mods" replacement to the standards?
Cheers

·
Super Moderator
8,211 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
kozik said:
I have these. I have no idea if they are iron or cheese or what, but, hell they cost enough.

work real good like

braketech iron's.. *thumbs*

·
Registered
722 Posts
Spiegler no longer make the Iron rotors. With the pads available these days you are better off with good stainless steel rotors. I love the ABM rotors (not just 'cause we sell them) but any of the good ones are great. Full floaters are cool. Most of the pad manufacturers have moved on from formulating pads for the Iron rotors and the technology is now in the Stainless steel. Even EBC's kit pads wont work with their iron rotors anymore.

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Rick,
Speigler does not sell iron rotors any longer. We asked Speigler to make a large batch of iron rotors for us as an exclusive product. The ones we have are designed for narrow band calipers and will fit the 4 pad calipers with a simple modification.

Jules,
The Braketech rotors are direct bolt on. Braketech makes several different Ducati rotors for different applications. Give us a call and we can make sure you have the correct one.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds like these could be the G.O - Braketech AXIS Front Full floating Ductile Iron rotor.

Would a different set of pads be required if I change out the Disc's?

So if I read the advertisement right at Motowheels, these disc's are a bolt on item with no mods required???

If so, I'm gonna get me some of them.

Thanks for all the replies, its a great help from all, very much appreciated..

:)

·
Registered
407 Posts
On the Brake Tech Axis Ductile Iron rotors, I use the Ferodo FDB 2120 XR's and on the rear I use the FDB2074 ST's. Amazing!

If you have any technical questions... e-mail or call Brake Tech directly - they are experts and their customer service is amazing.

·
Registered
87 Posts
i have a set of original SP cast iron units availible for sale. lil dirty but should clean up nice, and functionally amazing.

·
Registered
80 Posts
[stupid question]i am going to ask the stupid novice question. can someone explain why cast iron rotors are better? i would imagine the weigh a lot more, which is bad, but that they have greater friction between themselves and the brake pad? also, why would they be expensive? iron is not exactly an advanced/costly material. thanks. [/stupid question]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts