Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here fitted Brembo Full Floater buttons on the front rotors of their Multistrada? If yes, how much of an improvement doe these floater buttons provide ... i.e.: less rotor drag, better feel when braking, etc...?

I had full floater ductile iron rotors on my Hypermotard 1100, and really liked the improvement over stock non-floating rotors, so I am hoping these Brembo floater buttons might provide the same kind of improvement.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
Did you find a deal on those ? The price I saw was so high I figured I’d just by floating rotors. If your buttons have through holes you can clean them by rotating them with a drill and lube and they will float better.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I installed Brembo float buttons when my '12 had around 6000 miles (if memory serves). Brake shudder was horrendous, and NO, the rotors weren't warped, it was a build up of pad material because.....if I did 1-2 FULL NUKE stops, the shudder went away. So, I installed the float buttons and BINGO, no more shudder! EVER! And my bike has 90,000+ miles on her. The only (?) negative, are they need to be replaced every 15,000 miles (for my style of riding), so I just do it when I'm servicing her.

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
Ever time I have the wheels off I go over my rotors with a vibratory sander and 60-80 grit pad, then wash with solvent. If it’s a floater I clean the buttons. No issues.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Ive installed two set's and been very happy !

·
Registered
128 Posts
Brake shudder was horrendous, and NO, the rotors weren't warped, it was a build up of pad material because.....if I did 1-2 FULL NUKE stops, the shudder went away.
Shudder? I'm curious what your definition is?

I note that my bike has a slight vibration or shudder that occurs when under light front end braking. Its fine under strong braking. I guess that its some sort of harmonics that is causing it. I was thinking about chamfering the leading edges of the front pads to see if that eliminated that vibration.

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
If you use your brakes lightly a lot, more than likely it’s build up or pad glazing. Chamfering might help. Sometimes they just need a thorough cleaning. I’ve found it easier to just rough it up with a vibratory sander. Same with the pads.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts