Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whilst I'm glad my bike came with the full side fairings and it seems they are popular, I kind of like the SC'S and PS with the engine exposed. Am I the only one?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Whilst I'm glad my bike came with the full side fairings and it seems they are popular, I kind of like the SC'S and PS with the engine exposed. Am I the only one?
The fairings are definitely very cool but I agree, the DS1000 is a thing of beauty in and of itself.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I took my fairings off before I took it to the shop and decided to put the mini-fairings on for a while. On the Paul Smart, to me, the full fairings just look better. I have the mini-fairings on my red 1000s and think it looks better with the mini-fairings. It may have something to do with the duel exhaust systems on the bikes, PS being on one side as opposed to the 1000s having the exhausts on both sides filling up the space that is left empty.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I am partial to the full over the half, but honestly, its a win either way. So you're definitely not the only one.

When I bought mine, I actually was looking for something without any fairings (Monster or SC), though I fell in love with the full faired SC, and happened to luck out and find one. I would love to be able to take the lowers off and ride with the exposed engine every now and then. Unfortunately, those were the only original parts that did not come with my bike when I bought it.

·
Registered
Ducati Paul Smart
13 Posts
No lowers. Besides that they're worth a nice house in some countries.

Wrap them up and hide them away.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
I like the look of the full fairing not the 1/2 fairing but thats just me, Thats why I have a 900ss and not a 900cr. But it's your bike not mine ---so it's which one twists your cork the most --thats the way to go.

·
Registered
121 Posts
The full fairings are worth a shitload of money if you decide to not run them...

·
Registered
29 Posts
I can appreciate all variations my personal favorite is no fairing.

But if I had to choose full or half I might take the full because I think the 1/2 looks a little awkward.

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
Enjoy both. ride some with them and some days without. if you had red ones, i would gladly take them off your hands and solve your dilemma. :cool:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Enjoy both. ride some with them and some days without. if you had red ones, i would gladly take them off your hands and solve your dilemma. :cool:
Lol. They will stay with the bike regardless if they are on or off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts