Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the fueling improved on the 2011's. Any low end bucking cruise speed hesitation ?
Might get one and like to know what to expect.
Seems i read a lot about Fat duc's curing most of the issues if needed.

Pretty excited since I've wanted this bike for over a year. DAM TEST RIDE !!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I've got an '11 base model I bought two months ago with 4,000 miles on it. I have not noticed any low speed fueling issues.

·
North Carolina, USA
3,321 Posts
It's really hit or miss on fueling with the '10 and '11 MY bikes. There have been several fueling updates for both since the bike's release. Some bikes seem to run well stock, and others have the low end troubles. My '10 ran poorly below 4k rpms when I got it new, and the subsequent updates did not correct it. But a set of fatducs did.

·
Registered
423 Posts
My '11 ran "ok", but had some hesitation and snatchiness at low rpm. After I installed a full Termi and ecu, it was better. Now after I installed a set of fat ducs, it is about a 9.5/10 for me. It still has a slight hesitation or jump at low rpm (which I shouldn't be running at anyhow) and it runs slightly rich, but it does run well.
But that's my bike, and yours might be different? Also, small fueling issues can be amplified by a loose chain or loose throttle lines, so make sure they are properly adjusted...

The fueling is a pretty minor nit for me. Overall, the bike is just brilliant. It's a real joy to ride!

·
Registered
665 Posts
My 2011 ran ok in low rpm. But now it runs excellent after a remap and decat pipe. You don't know what you're missing until you ride a remapped and decat Multi. The same happened to me, after a test ride I thought this baby rocks. Than the dealer lent me one for a day. Then I knew I'm gonna buy one if the occasion comes along.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts