Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if fuel mapping has changed from the factory in the 2010/11s vs. the 2012s. My 2012 was built in May, I'm wondering if the need for fatducs is different between the new bikes and the 2010/11s. Most of the threads I read about fatducs here are a year or two old and don't seem to address whether Ducati has refined the fueling map in the newer bikes to the point where fatducs aren't that necessary.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
56 Posts
The map has changed...several times... But you go to your dealer, and they just update it for you. So basically you can have a 2010 model on a 2012 map...it just gets downloaded to the ECU. You'd have to ride it, and if you feel any of the symptoms, you may wish to get Fatducs (or similar) in an effort to cure it.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would assume then, that mine has the latest fuel mapping.

The engine is somewhat lumpy below 3k RPMs. Nothing horrible. I wonder how it compares with those original fuel maps when the bike first came out. Have people found that the need for fatducs has diminished with the latest fuel mapping from ducati?

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
I would assume then, that mine has the latest fuel mapping.

The engine is somewhat lumpy below 3k RPMs. Nothing horrible. I wonder how it compares with those original fuel maps when the bike first came out. Have people found that the need for fatducs has diminished with the latest fuel mapping from ducati?
that is/was my feeling too. i have the Fat Ducs on my '12 MTS12s and they offered a slight improvement, or at least that is what my butt dyno reported. my riding friend has a 14t front sprocket on his (no Fat Duc) which does a nice job of masking that slight hesitation down low as well.

take care,

·
Registered
282 Posts
My 2012 MTS1200 is a Sport model, and was made in July 2011. How lumpy the bike runs at low RPM's is no doubt in some measure subjective, and surely varies from bike to bike. In my case I noticed it right away and was not very pleased with it. I put on the FatDucs and noticed a marked improvement. It should also be noted that my last bike prior to the MTS was a Japanese inline 4 and I sold it 9 years ago (CBR1000), so my basis for comparison of the lumpiness of the MTS1200 at low RMP isn't all that fresh.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
I have both fat ducs and a 14 tooth on my '12 PP with LV mid pipe and Arrow can, I think down below the bike is great, I have no complaints at all!

·
Registered
131 Posts
La Rossa is right. If you do all 3, ie sprocket non oem pipes and the Fat Ducs the bike is pretty well cleaned up. An initial measure is just the Ducs and it is a very noticable improvement

·
Registered
710 Posts
How long does it take Fatduc to respond to an email? Ive sent them two emails, during the last 5 days, w/zero response. The 'lumpiness' below 3500 is all subjective, but quite frankly, my '12 MTS stinks! I bought it the 24th (yeah, 2 weeks ago) and have been pouring over the threads on the issue and it seems that the FD's are the way to go. Other then this one issue, the bike is simply superb!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts