Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...............lve read that 916 likes regular 87oct. Here the regular has ethanol, which through work i know is a destroyer of older Jap bike carbs, so the question is, are there any aluminum parts in the fuel system that would be sustainable to moisture absorbed ethanol corrosion..................or am i better off ethanol free at 91oct?

Cheers

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
...............lve read that 916 likes regular 87oct. Here the regular has ethanol, which through work i know is a destroyer of older Jap bike carbs, so the question is, are there any aluminum parts in the fuel system that would be sustainable to moisture absorbed ethanol corrosion..................or am i better off ethanol free at 91oct?

Cheers
Please put your location and bike year/model in your profile so readers know where "here" is and what year and model your bike is. It's just a respectful gesture to help avoid confusion and it will be a big help to those that want to offer you assistance.

:wink2:

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
You are better off without the ethanol regardless of what you’re running it in. I’m not a 916 guy, I’m just saying ethanol laced fuel is crap and will eventually destroy your fuel system, even your lawn mower.

Reactions: anyoldiron

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are better off without the ethanol regardless of what you’re running it in. I’m not a 916 guy, I’m just saying ethanol laced fuel is crap and will eventually destroy your fuel system, even your lawn mower.
Thanks duc96cr Thats kinda what i figured but i wanted to double check and be sure there wasn't some special ''Italian'' trade off ive missed. Personally l wont even put that garbage in my weedwacker. l have a few bikes and the damage that stuff causes to carbs is astounding. The only thing i put that crap in is in my modern daily cage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts