Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've searched the web, this forum, and the owners manual, and can't seem to find how much gas you have left when the fuel trip light turns on. Any ideas? I've been averaging 35-40mpg on the street, but on a long freeway ride I somehow achieved 45mpg. I made it to 150 miles on a tank before the light turned on, but when I fueled up I could only put in 3.4 gallons. Is there 1 more gallon on reserve? I'm curious what other people are getting mpg-wise as well. Cheers!

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Do you have an 848SF or a 1099SF? 3.4 gallons at fill up sounds normal on either bike.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
If you're getting 150 miles when the light turns on with an 848SF that sounds good. The guys on 1099SF aren't getting that mileage.

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
Ohhh, a guinea pig. (All due respect)

Do this. Ride till the yellow light comes on. Write down the milage. Then have your wife follow you around with a gallon of gas, and VIOLA! As soon as you run out then we will know.

If you do it I will. Lol. Nah, I'll do it anyway. Because I have the 1098, and I want to know for My bike. But it is a bit individual for each bike. Ive been 60°, sea level, and running lean and got to 150+ before the light came on, and then the other day it was hot, 5000', running rich, and the light came on before 110 miles. It sort of scared me before I realized what was going on. Now, I think I'm usually around 130 before the light comes on. I ride again next wednesday and will post my results!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I usually get to about 130 ish, but I was wondering if anyone knew at what point the light comes on. Like, when you only have 1 gallon left? Or half a gallon, etc.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Hey guys, I've searched the web, this forum, and the owners manual, and can't seem to find how much gas you have left when the fuel trip light turns on. Any ideas? I've been averaging 35-40mpg on the street, but on a long freeway ride I somehow achieved 45mpg. I made it to 150 miles on a tank before the light turned on, but when I fueled up I could only put in 3.4 gallons. Is there 1 more gallon on reserve? I'm curious what other people are getting mpg-wise as well. Cheers!
Should be in your owner's manual in the Technical Data section, amounts will be cubic decimeters.

F1098 tank holds 4.49 gal total, with a .53 gal reserve...unless of course your tank has expanded...:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
I usually get to about 130 ish, but I was wondering if anyone knew at what point the light comes on. Like, when you only have 1 gallon left? Or half a gallon, etc.
I would like to know too. Although, there is when they SAY it comes on, where they PRINT that it comes on, and when it actually DOES come on. And when it comes on for YOUR bile. Hopefully they are close. But ya, I'm just gonna run her out and see what it is for me.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow thanks, completely missed that section. So the 848SF has a 4.4 gal tank with a 1 gal reserve. That solves the mystery! Now I'm determined to get 200 miles out of this tank >:]

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
Should be in your owner's manual in the Technical Data section, amounts will be cubic decimeters.

F1098 tank holds 4.49 gal total, with a .53 gal reserve...unless of course your tank has expanded...:rolleyes:
That's OFPilot, completly taking the fun out of it. And the new guy was about to go driving around town with his wife in tow. :) (I'm still doing it)

·
Temporary greeter
23,089 Posts
130 miles when the light comes on here. 1098 with tune boy tune. Before tune it was around 110 miles when light appeared.

·
Registered
81 Posts
33 miles when the reserve fuel light comes on the 1098SF (YouTube review from motorcycle news.com): MCN road tester Michael Neeves has the Ducati Streetfighter on longterm test for the summer of 2009. So far he's had the bike for a month and covered over 2500 miles. Watch the video for his impressions on the Streetfighter.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Registered
68 Posts
I get about 120-130 miles before my light comes on with my SF848. Still stock (no tune) and most of my riding (right now) is on surface streets to and from work.

I have got up to 140 miles before the light came on, but that was 80% done on the highway at ~75mph.

I get it to come on at 110 miles if I am carving up the mountain roads at a good clip.

·
Registered
223 Posts
So.. 2 weeks ago, I pushing hard (100's) while the gas light came up.. continued on the same path .. needless to say I pushed the bike for 0.75 miles for gas..

The reserve gave me 22 miles... so there you go .. that's not slowing down and keeping it at 100 mph..

How do you get 150 miles?!!! The most I've had was 130.. If it gives you more than 130.. you are not enjoying the bike ;)

·
Registered
116 Posts
My F848 runs like 160-170 miles before the light comes on. I am averaging ~50mpg with a mix of town/mountain road riding. I figure my light comes on around 3.5Us Gal used. Nice to know the bike can do 200 miles if I need it to, but when I am out running around, I am ready for a break around 150 miles.

~Ex

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Haha strouble, I know. It wasn't too fun, although we were keeping a pretty constant 85-ish mph on the freeway for 95% of the tank (long trip). Solid info on your 100mph drain though! Cheers!

Existence_Inc I have no idea how you get such good mpg. Mixing 60% highway 40% roads I still only get 35-40mpg. :eek:

·
Registered
141 Posts
I get on average 100 miles before the light comes on. I know my bike also runs rich with Termi Slipons,ECU,Air Cleaner...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts