Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 MTS
So, in my first attempt to get at the top spark plug for the vertical cylinder, it turns out that I cracked one of the quick disconnectors for the fuel line (where the fuel line attaches to the tank).

Is this a standard fitting that can be replaced by itself? If so, what am I looking for? I looked at the online parts catalog (pg 140) and it looks like they sell the whole line assembly (image attached). I need one of the quick disconnects near the top of the image (close to the letter A).

I figure it can be an easy swap of the fitting, but if it's some custom disconnect, then I guess I'm stuck with buying a whole new "Complete Pipe Set".

Tips welcome. thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Those plastic fuel disconnects are an abomination. I have them on my Sport Classic too and I always cringe when they need to be disconnected. Very poor engineering.

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
This same issue reared it's ugly head on BMW R1150 , R1200, K1200, K1300 models, the 2 piece quick connect ---the male side would fail if you looked at it hard. --At first the way to avoid this was to grease the o-ring & depress the release button while putting it back together. This worked really well as long as you remembered to do it. ----Then BMW stopped offering the plastic male quick connect, Now BMW only offer's the male connection as a stainless steel male connection. This has solved the issue for all but the stupid who cannot understand & follow instructions. ---

Reactions: enduranceracing
1 - 4 of 4 Posts