Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my new (to me) '95 Monster, I just noticed both hoses under the gas tank are missing. Can a couple of you post photos of yours with the routing path they take so I can get hose and zip-ties to duplicate it on mine?

Also, does anyone know if the absence of these can cause running problems? (It idles fine but stumbles at low speed and surges with throttle applied.)

Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The absence of a breather tank shouldn't affect performance.
Okay, that's good to know. Should I reattach the hoses to the undertank nipples though to avoid gas fumes/liquid dribbling onto the engine?

·
Registered
312 Posts
to my understanding, all those hoses do is if you fill up your gas tank, and the gas expands, the excess vapor has a place to escape. So I think that those hoses, or lack of them should be no problem. But I could be wrong...

·
Registered
539 Posts
clean ur carbs thats most likely the problem there. i also use sea foam in just about everything i own that stuff works fantastic. when i first got my duc out this year i had a bit of lag around 7000 range but after sea foam it ran perfect.

·
Registered
724 Posts
If only for one reason -- safety: The hose to the overflow should be in place just to direct the fuel to the ground, instead of allowing fuel to dump onto the top of a hot cylinder head just in the one instance you do happen to overfill it. It’s also nice to have the vent line in place, just to direct fumes away from the spark plug or ignition source, just in case the ignition wires are weak and arc….. All conditions being right you get fire!!

Just my $0.02

1 - 7 of 7 Posts