Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went out for a ride today and all of a sudden I was getting a fuel sensor error showing up on the gauge. Where it shows fuel level it went blank and started to flash. When I shut the bike down and restart the error goes away. But after riding for a bit it comes back. Occasionally it would come back on its own but then would go off again. I have a 2014 mulit 1200S. Going for a 2 day ride next weekend and won't mind having it fixed before we leave. But I can live with it for now......

Ed :frown2:

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Went out for a ride today and all of a sudden I was getting a fuel sensor error showing up on the gauge. Where it shows fuel level it went blank and started to flash. When I shut the bike down and restart the error goes away. But after riding for a bit it comes back. Occasionally it would come back on its own but then would go off again. I have a 2014 mulit 1200S. Going for a 2 day ride next weekend and won't mind having it fixed before we leave. But I can live with it for now......

Ed
I have a spare Brand new. Just went through this. Ordered from a shop that said they had it in stock when in fact it was ordered from Italy.

Easy swap if you want it let me know

Reactions: bandited

·
Registered
418 Posts
Just had mine replaced last month via the Ever Red Extended Warranty after riding around for the past 5 months with a faulty sensor. Yes the instrument cluster will flash, the computer will indicate a sensor error. Eventually your fuel gauge will just stay stuck near the empty level so the yellow fuel light will stay on.

I was told that the sensors has gone through about 5 updates. So make sure you get the latest and greatest, as the previous versions may fail again.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
This is a known issue. I had the Rev D sensor installed two years ago and it seems to have fixed this on my bike. Ducati should fix this under warranty even if your bike is out of warranty.

There is a massive thread on this subject stickied at the top of the page.

·
Registered
869 Posts
On my second Rev D unit....

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I am on my Second Rev 2 as well. All of which have been covered by Ducati, the last one was "part only." I had to install it.

t_bare

1 - 7 of 7 Posts