Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Fuel sensor error

6K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  enrico 
#1 ·
I know this has been beaten to death but Im looking for recommendations on dealership to take the bike to. I'm a good distance away from any ducati dealer. Also what have the prices been to replace and retune for the new sensor on a 2012? Thanks

#2 ·

That's the link for a 2012 1200S touring. I'm sure it's the same for all the 2012 models, but you can check for yourself to be certain.

It's only $112, and you can change it out yourself. It's really not hard at all (at least it wasn't on my 2015).

#9 ·
I replaced the fuel sensor on my 2012 multistrada with part # 59210212F. The instructions indicated I would need the software version of the BBS and instrument panel control units updated. I filled tank half way to check for leaks and started bike. The level was correct. Then filled the tank and level is correct. Tried all functions on control panel and everything seems to work fine. Have bad weather right now so I haven't ridden the bike yet. Hope I don't have any problems. Looks promising at this time.

#10 ·
I used black tape this week. Cover the chk eng. and the low fuel lights. The flashing dark LCD fuel level, I can deal with. Hey, sometimes it actually does indicate (something)!! I'm glad I stopped to fuel, because it took over 5 gallons, and the low fuel light was not on.... I use the trip ODO, just like my "old" bikes.

#11 ·
Hey Stick get rid of the tape and get one of those fuel bypass connector from ebay. All lights go back to normal, the only thing that is static is the fuel level, the bypass makes it look half full. Just keep using the trip odometer. My 2cents

#12 ·
At least with the black tape, I can get an occasional reading!:) And it didn't cost me anything.

#13 ·
I looked for black tape at Walmart but the shelves where empty that is why I settled for the bypass ?

Reactions: Stick
#15 ·
I just had the same experience with the bypass on my 2013. I emailed them immediately and they sent me a different bypass that now reads half a tank.

#16 ·
On a different forum was noted that some early multi my require a different version bypass, he got his replacement in two days no questions asked!

#17 ·
Is the fuel sensor part number the same part for a 2013 MTS? The one on my Pikes Peak gave up the ghost (again) and I think I’d like to try and just swap it out myself.

That one has the E on the end but are they up to an ‘F’ sensor now?

59219212F is what I found on the Ducati OEM site listed above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#21 ·
I have gone thru 2 tanks of fuel with no problems. I think the control board must have been updated already. This is the 3rd fuel sensor in bike. The 2nd one failed when bike was brought in for the 1st service. So maybe the control board had been updated at that time. I hope it last forever.

#22 ·
The failure happens over time like a virus and then bam, you know that from your previous two replacements? Two tanks of gas fill ups, I do that in one week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.