Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had a fuel sensor error on the display? Meaning I'm getting an error on the display that says no fuel data? Something like that. Reason I'm not positive on the exact wording is the bike has been in the shop for 8 f**king weeks for this!

The dealer cannot figure it out. Ducati helping them too apparently. They changed the fuel sensor out twice, they have eliminated the Power Commander V, and the wiring harnesses, so I guess whats left the dash computer?

Thoughts? Anyone else have this issue or am I the lucky only one? And out of warranty no less.

Thanks

·
North Carolina, USA
3,320 Posts
Haven't seen any reports of that one. If the bike was designed to display that particular error on the dash, you'd think someone would be able to figure out why in less than 8 f**king weeks!

Been down that road with long stays in the shop myself. It does make one start looking at other brands of bikes. Hope they get it sorted soon.

·
Registered
602 Posts
BBS perhaps?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well coincidentally the dealer called right after I posted this. Apparently, unbeknownst to them, Ducati is now shipping a 2nd generation fuel sensor which requires a full software update and system reboot. So the old sensor went bad and the new one wouldn't work without a software update. According to the dealer owner Ducati is only telling them of the issue when the issue arises as opposed to a recall item for the update. So its working now.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just curious. Is this being covered by Ducati warranty on a 2011. My 2010 is is still working but only a matter of time.

·
Registered
70 Posts
On my 2013 that's on it's 2nd fuel sensor, Ducati covered the part, but not the labor for its (soon to be) 3rd fuel sensor.

·
Green owner of Red MTS1200
151 Posts
Later Rev D fuel sensors require an update of the BBS firmware, seems my dealer wasn't the only one who didn't know this when half this forum does.. :surprise:

Lots of this info is in the fuel sender sticky thread.

Good luck, John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts