Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I was looking for a fix to that fuel sensor warning, and last weekend I purchased a couple of connectors from FleeBay. I received them and plugged one in. It works great saved $300 since I am out of warranty. Add copy blow.

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3/4 tank

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice. Not sure I'd spend $20 when a resistor costs .15 cents but that is a nice plug and play solution. Good find.
I tried the resister thingy and was getting intermittent contact and the rain played havoc. This replacement connector has the water seal. Washed the bike and no issues. The guy / gal who selling did a good job as an alternative, he used the factory OEM sealed connectors and sealed back ends.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello All,

As i am new to the world of Multistradas, i do not yet have the proper shop manuals, so i must ask about bypass plug installation. I purchased one on ebay for $27 and it gets here in a couple days. My questions:

(bike: 2011 Multi 1200S with 10.5K miles)
1) Where is the damn thing on the bike? (LOL)
2) How much trouble is it to get to?
3) Is there re-mapping, etc, involved?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hello All,

As i am new to the world of Multistradas, i do not yet have the proper shop manuals, so i must ask about bypass plug installation. I purchased one on ebay for $27 and it gets here in a couple days. My questions:

(bike: 2011 Multi 1200S with 10.5K miles)
1) Where is the damn thing on the bike? (LOL)
2) How much trouble is it to get to?
3) Is there re-mapping, etc, involved?

Thanks!!
It was very simple to install on my 2012. Remove the seat and the plug is at the rear of the gas tank. Unplug the connector and plug in the bypass plug. No re-mapping.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts