Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the bikes in for its 2nd replacement, it's a 2013 and the first one (original ) lasted 3 years, the first replacement lasted around 1 year 3 months. I asked the Dealership if Ducati is still replacing them under a recall warranty like they did the last one and they said they'll have to check into it. I bought the bike used without an extended warranty and it has just under 14000 miles on it now, What do you guys think? Have Ducati replaced any for you guys after the warranty run out or am I going to have to pay for this one:crying:

·
Registered
506 Posts
I bought my '10 w/ 18k 2 years ago. At about 28k the sensor started bugging out. I was close enough to the 30k valve/belt service that I had DucPond replace it while they were in there. The shop owner checked to see if he could get it covered but it was a no. $108.13 plus one hour labor. He did tell me if it failed within a year, they'd replace it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
What do you guys think?
I think it sucks Ducati can't design a fuel sensor that lasts the life of the bike.
I think it sucks Ducati charges anyone for a flawed part.
I think it sucks Ducati charges again if the part makes it over a year.
Ducati should be losing money on a crap design, not making more money on replacement parts.
I would buy an aftemarket fuel sensor in a second if it was available. Until then I use my trip meter, like the good old days.
A company with good customer service, like Toyota, designed a defective V6 pickup that blew head gaskets, and then Toyota reimbursed customers 100% getting their engine repaired at the mechanic of their choice, even with engines with well over 100,000 miles on them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts