Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gents

In prep for the new tank I'm sourcing a pump. I hope someone can answer this tech info.
I take it it's the same for the 1098 , 1198, 848 as it is for the SF which will make it easier to find ?
TIA.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It's Ok I found out it is indeed the same for SF, 1098, 1198, 848

Make a the search a bit easier and cheaper

·
Bon Vivant
11,773 Posts
It's Ok I found out it is indeed the same for SF, 1098, 1198, 848

Make a the search a bit easier and cheaper

Thanks for researching this Blacky. I really didnt know and sourcing another pump and sending unit for the new tank seems like a good idea. I may do the same, I have a feeling that I will have to swap mine out in the next year or so as I think my lining is starting to fail.

Next year We'll have owned our streetfighters for 10 years!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Thanks for researching this Blacky. I really didnt know and sourcing another pump and sending unit for the new tank seems like a good idea. I may do the same, I have a feeling that I will have to swap mine out in the next year or so as I think my lining is starting to fail.

Next year We'll have owned our streetfighters for 10 years!
Just curious - why a new pump? The filtering on the stock unit seems pretty good (inlet sock + canister filter). Once you have the unit out, you can probably swap the canister filter pretty easily, and that's a lot cheaper than a new pump. The pump looks roughly the same as automotive units, and those seem to last over 100k miles.

Pretty awesome approaching the 10-year ownership threshold. I am too (2010 model bought new in Sept 2009). It's amazing how happy I still am with the bike, although I tend to forget how much work it took to make it what it is now (aluminum tank, full termi exhaust to fix the fueling issue).

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Only wanted one to save keep swapping them over. Not that bad to obtain second-hand

1 - 5 of 5 Posts